ACE; new stable version 1.10

[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

ACE; new stable version 1.10

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

2011-04-25
Changelog:
http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also of interest:

ACE switches to Maintenance mode+blog

With the fresh release of ACE 1.10 Stable,we are switching ACE development to "maintenance mode".

Having released 10 versions already, 5 in each A2 edition (Original and OA), in a rapid tempo - even multiple updates a week, was useful during active development and the defining of the ACE mod.

We feel that the Mod now has shaped up to a very respectable level, where less new possible features remain, and mostly the ironing out of last bugs and applying finishing touches to components are left.

Of course new features will always be welcome.
Concretely this means only update Fridays every two weeks, with a new stable release every two or three sets of those.

Obviously if there's need for a hotfix or update sooner than the two weeks, this will still be possible.

Schedule updated accordingly.
Server admins and players will hopefully welcome the extra breathing room, so will we as our Fridays were pretty much predetermined for over a year now
I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved with the project - including you the players and server admins running our mods and reporting bugs and feedback.

Active development, with fitting release schedule, will probably return once another expansion, or next game version arrives.
ACE switches to Maintenance mode+Author Sickboy
Judge
Forum User

Re: ACE; new stable version 1.10

Post by Judge »

That's interesting.

Is the 1944 mod still running on the server? I never have got that, but would love to Arma it up with you guys again.
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Hi judge no we are now back on domination while I44 was fun it only had a couple of maps to choose from.so Doc changed us back but I have a problem with blowing up some obsticals in side missions .with new ace mod when you detonate one satchel charge ,all satchels placed will detonate at the same time if close to the one you set off ,but I placed 5 charges on one radio tower ,still standing.I think Step has also had this problem.
Judge
Forum User

Post by Judge »

Hey Pop! Started sync'ing to server last night, and still going =) Had two files just refuse to come down, from ACEX, so I'm trying to get them from Armaholic now.

Soon as I'm all sync'd up again I'll look for you guys on the field. I had a hankering to make a couple missions again, so might have some new stuff soon. I'd also love to have you guys play through the three missions I've made and give me any criticism/feedback to make them better.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

That's right Pop, I had the same problem.
Thought I was doing something wrong, but 6 explosions later, the tower was still standing.

I haven't checked the forums yet to see if this is a universal problem or just something caused by Doc's hacking (again).
:lol:
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Nah its grimps fault as usual ;) . Maybe the mission is bugged, will have to try another and see if its ACE or the missions.

Good to see you again judge! We stopped running I44 at the moment. Its fun but lacking maps and the maps we do have need some tweaking. Since theres no nightvision you cant see at night so its near impossible to play. There are illumination rounds for the mortors and its pretty neat to fight by the flickering light but not very practicle for gameplay. If theres a way to have the illumination stay on permanately during the night hours it would be nice.
Judge
Forum User

Post by Judge »

I played a couple of hyper-realism missions with an old group at night. No night-vision, no maps for anyone but the leader, no radios for anyone but the leader, you could only hear the guy to your left and right. Was pretty intense actually, but you had to be in that realism mindset.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Switched the map today to Lingor.
Explosives are working properly and everything looks good.
Must have just been that map it was on?
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Good move Step, btw good gamein last nite,was neat havin 4 players again :)