Out of town

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Out of town

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Been getting a lot of PM's the last day or two and wanted to let you all know. My father in law has been admitted to the hospital, they do not know for sure yet but initial indications are the he has pancreatic cancer. I've been at the hospital for about 24 hours with my wife and family. We are just waiting for surgeons to come up with a plan. I may not be able to respond for a few days. In the meantime we're just waiting.
ImageImage
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: Out of town

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hey Mike , hope that everything turns out ok for him , thanks for taking the time to let us all know.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Hey Mike. Thanks for letting us know. Hope everything turns out ok for him. :(
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

Prayers for your father-in-law. Hope all will be ok.
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

So sorry to hear that, Mike. Praying for the best.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

^ Same as what they said.
Hoping for the best. :thumbup:
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Thanks guys. A bit on an update. We're still waiting on the surgeon, have a meeting with him at 7AM Monday morning and we should find out a lot more. This weekend has been a very long weekend with lots of waiting and wondering. My father-in-law is in good spirits but wants out of the hospital; he's not in any shape to leave. Right now we are hearing the surgery will be Wednesday or Thursday. This is much longer than we thought it would be, but they don't believe this is an "urgent" surgery at this point. However.... his tests and whatever have the attending Dr. worried enough he doesn't want him to go home. He's worried he could get worse. It's been a very disturbing disagreement between his attending Dr. and the surgeons residents. The residents think he can go home, the attending disagrees. They are never in the room at the same time and tell us different things, this has caused a lot of stress. At this point he is staying, and we would prefer he stay until his surgery for a myriad of reasons. The attending told us tonight that the surgeon agrees he should stay, but he also said the residents may come back in the morning and say he can go home again. This sort of thing is absolutely ridiculous. I told the attending to let the residents know not to say it again... if my wife or her sister are in the room when they say that again it could get ugly!!

We are back at a relatives house, ordering some Chinese and gonna try to relax for a bit. Be back at the hospital in the morning.
ImageImage
TOOKIE GOODNITE
Forum User

Post by TOOKIE GOODNITE »

Sounds like a really tough situation.
Hope everything turns out fine.
[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

My Prayers are with you Mike, I lost my Father to this. Its EVIL.

Best wishes Brian AKA BloodGod
We all have our time to die.....yours just happens to be now

[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Good luck Mike.
So sorry to hear about your father in law. Just take care of the family. Anything I can do please let us know.
Mike aka Top
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I just got home a few hours ago. My father-in-laws surgery is scheduled for Thursday so I will head back on Wednesday night. My wife stayed to help take care of him cause they sent him home until Thursday. I have to admit that after talking to the surgeon it made a lot of sense. Surgeon didn't have much good to say after that so I'll just leave it at that. We'll know a lot more after the surgery, still a lot of unknowns. I will answer those PM's tonight/tomorrow and work on the things that are waiting on me soon. Kinda beat right now so gonna finish cleaning the house then sit down and play around a bit.
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Sorry to read the full story Mike. At what must be a stressful time for the family, one would have thought that people in the medical profession would have a bit more compassion for the relatives & not get involved in petty in fighting.
I hope & pray that everything goes well with the surgery.
I'm sure we can cope without you for a bit, your family must come 1st, but then again at times like these one can be thankful of distractions that take one away from the hard things in life.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Sorry to hear the news, hopefully things were caught early and there will be a speedy recovery!
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Flying Tiger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Flying Tiger »

Unfortunately Mike I know this scenario all to well and I realize that there are no words or anything else for that matter that will be of much comfort to you and your family, but I sincerely wish you all well and pray the best for your Father in law.

God Speed,

FT
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

My family's prayers are woth your Father in Law and you Mike. Hope everything turns out fine if not better.
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."