HomeFront!!

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

HomeFront!!

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

anyone own this ? i have it and its absolutely awesome ... mike should look into a server for it ..... lotta server admin controls for clan tournaments

i have it through steam if you need add me im daterminaytah on steam
Last edited by [JiF]Daterminaytah on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Re: HomeFront!!

Post by [JiF]corn »

Give us a little more insight on the game since you have it.

Do you know of any games that compare to Homefront?
It almost looks like a story game such as Far Cry 2.
I would like to get it but Black Ops was disappointing and really made me leary of the PR hype out there.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

NO GAME compares to homefront cause its kind of a new breed of player/clantournement content

points based system on vehicles : example : kill people or capture points to gain bp once bp rexhes vehicle cost you can spawn in it .. also teamates spawn in vehicles

Infantry you have to unlock weapons so you start with crappy ones but as you familarize the game you will also notice that you spawn where most of the team is so the spawn spot moves

flashbangs grenades drones and rapiers for air support

not sure if theres a demo .. if so i would check it out

single player isnt as long as i like games but was well put together
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I have it also. I like it a lot. However the reviews dont lie. The snipers in this game can be a pain in the BLEEP. The different type of multiplayer modes is cool. Once you learn how to stop the snipers its great. I am not really shore how to gain ability points yet, but it seems like others have figured it out. The maps are big enough for any type of combat. The maps are small enough that your not walking for days to get to the battle. Single player was a great story, but really short.I did it in about 4 1/2 hours. You can get one shot kills easily with the right weapons. You heal yourself which is the part I'm not a big fan of, especially if you finaly got a shot into the sniper holding your team back. Now that the game has been out for a week or so, you are starting to see tanks and stuff enter the battle. Tanks and other vehicles have to be earned and bought with battle points.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Interesting comments Smuckers. Over-the-top sniping was one of the major reasons I stopped playing BC2.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Stinky,

you just reminded me of somethingthat happened the other night when I was playing BC2.

It was Harvest Day Rush and I joined as a defender halfway through a round - my 'team' were pretty poor and not at all organised so were getting creamed.
I got killed 3 times in about 1 minute by snipers, the third time I saw that there were 4 of them all crouching in one copse of trees near the first lot of MCom stations.
they were all calling in Mortars and camping the spawn spots. We lost another line of defence and were pushed back to the town.
I jumped in the stream and made my way back towards the first line of defence but got spotted by the UAV and nuked, this happened again so I took a massive detour and skirted along the out of bounds line. Looking at my map I saw that the UAV guy was still on the console in the base - he was flying way high up and must have had the optical package as he was not using the MG.
I crept all the way back to the base and snuck up on the UAV guy - by this time my team had been moved back to the last lot of MComs. I noted his name and sent the guy a friend request :wave: , in it I typed "Guess what? - Stabby Stab Stab!" then I knifed him ruthlessly! :shoot:
I was able to jump on the console before the UAV destructed and used it to first spot the nest of snipers then brought a missile down on their camping party. One of them survived and was looking around all confused so I flew the UAV down behind him and sliced him up with the rotors. Such fun, but unfortunately at this point my so called team capitulated and we lost the round.

Was totally worth it though to kill four snipers in one go :viva:
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

hey smuckers cool you know about the snipers being over powered ..add me on steam if you wanna play... did you also know thq is going to balance the game more with patches ?

i myself havent had a problem with snipers ... but then again i am not good at the game ...ANYWAYS.....just a suggestion for a VERY cool game ... dont let 2 reviews make you not try the game

and please keep on topic as to not get too far from the reason i posted this ...which was to play with any of you .. not write a review

mikey aka dater
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Great story zouga.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I sent a friend request in steam. hope to see you in game. I havnt really picked a favorite sever yet.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Just bought the game anyone still play it?
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I still play and enjoy the game. The patches have balanced things a bit. It is hard to find a server with good players though. What I mean is it seems like there must be people who kmow hacks or something. I have been finding myself killed by someone shooting through rocks and stuff or throwing a grenade a real long distance. Even with some of the problems with the game I think its alot of fun once you find the right server. I am still glad I bought it.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

So far i've been playing single player campaign.
I really like it.