BF42 DC mod

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

BF42 DC mod

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

I downloaded and have started playing the DC mod (Desert Combat).
Probably going to be playing it a bit more while the Pot Luck server is down. I've bumped into a number of other Jiffers on the DC servers.

I usually play on these servers:
Maxnet: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... 137:14567/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EA 117: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 130:14567/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The mod can be downloaded here:
DC v7.1: http://www.gamefront.com/files/4968968/ ... nstall.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DC FINAL v8: http://www.gamefront.com/files/3667810/ ... client.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to download both these files and run the .exe files and it will self-install to the correct directories.
It's a lot of fun, I found myself playing very well straight away - there's something about the gameplay that favours experienced bf42 players, and gives them an edge over players who stick mainly with DC.
[JiF]Alexander theGreat
Forum User

Re: BF42 DC mod

Post by [JiF]Alexander theGreat »

Sounds good. I will download and install it this evening.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

DC is great mod, but very unbalanced! I use to call VSS users for.....I'll tell you later! :mrgreen:

I like your new signature War Trophy!
Last edited by Gnome-father on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max
Forum User

Post by Max »

hey war, i play those. holler at me in lobby on TS3. we can play some cool? :thumbup:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I used to have this but I have deleted it about 3 times because I kept needing to clear up space on my HDD

I'm pretty sure I have it on a CD somewhere, I will install on my new machine and join you some time - do you have DC or DCX?

Als there exists a truely terrible server out there that only allows you to play Red as human and Blue is always BOTS only! you get guys who play all day and every map ends up with a bunch of humans camping the last available spawn point for the bots and massacring them. I switched teams once to help the bots out and I got kicked!

never saw the point myself
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

Max
Forum User

Post by Max »

there is dc and dc final although they are both the same. they should be downloadable from the EA site. a good heli pilot will keep all on ground walking.
[JiF]Alexander theGreat
Forum User

Trophy´s links work perfect. Download of both parts was fast here with <30 minutes.
The servers Trophy mentioned were pretty much full. I knifed someone after 2 minutes :mrgreen:

And FT was also there :)
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

Interesting!
/rix
[JiF]Alexander theGreat
Forum User

Just had a round with trophy an some other guys.
It was really fun :)
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

It's a lot of fun, it's great to bump into the Jiffers, who all play this mod really well!
I think the EA 117 server is pretty cool, people are well behaved, the East European servers are a bit unruly, I found.
[JiF]zougathefist wrote: I'm pretty sure I have it on a CD somewhere, I will install on my new machine and join you some time - do you have DC or DCX?
DC v9 Extended is also available for download, but it seems not many servers are running it. I downloaded it without installing it, and have had no problems with maps or getting on servers.
[JiF]Alexander theGreat
Forum User

I´ts funny, they are not used to the "JiF-way". I killed someone with the pistol and he complained about that 8)

Atmosphere was good there. Someone was told to be a hacker but I did not see who and why.

:shoot:
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

Hope there are expacks! :evil:
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Good links, WT.
I tried it yesterday on EA 117, pretty wild. Saw FT there.

If we get more interest maybe we can ask Mike for a "DC Day" on our new server :faint:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]rix wrote:Hope there are expacks! :evil:
never mind XPacks - there are Barratt light 50 Sniper rifles and Scud missile launchers
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

I