Why I think BF2142 Sucks

Topic's about Some new game by EA
MrJoelieC
Repeat Visitor

Why I think BF2142 Sucks

Post by MrJoelieC »

Hey Guys I posted the following in the noreaster forums figured you might enjoy and/or destroy?

SO OK fine. I notice everybody is all about playing 2142 at the LAN-Party. Who am I to argue when all I had played was the demo... I heard rumblings of "The demo sucked the real game is soooo much better."

I did some side work and this person paid me cash so cash n hand I figured I would go purchase the game so I could be a part of the action. I installed the game and quite frankly leaving EA's business practices aside I have to say this game Sucks and Blows at the same time! I'm sorry guys it just does! :roll:

I'm going to plagiarize some comments that Opcenter, Hoss, and my self made in another forum about this game..

1. THE BASIC WEAPONS SUCK BIG HAIRY MONKEY BALLS!!

What the hell was EA thinking? Giving these awful, useless, pellet guns to newbs who are just starting out going up against seasoned veterans with WAYYYYY better guns?? Getting me so frustrated because I empty a clip into someone and they take 4 shots to kill me with an unlock gun? That will not entice me to keep playing that will make me want to play something else... :roll:

2. While we are talking about sucky weapons WTF is with the Sniper rifle?

I mean seriously? WTF is with sniper rifle shot to the head x 2 = kill? That's just ridiculous. A sniper's motto is "one shot, one kill"... well apparently, this is impossible... Can someone explain to me why in 2142 it takes Fracking 5 seconds to squeeze another shot off? With all this technology in 2142 that makes hovering tanks, a complex Gyro system to make a walker, and you're gonna tell me nobody has developed a futuristic semi-automatic Fracking sniper rifle? WTF? I wouldn't mind the *2* shots to the head for a kill if I could take those two shots as BANG BANG instead of BANG 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. BANG. Especially since I'm usually dead by 3.

3) Vehicles are stupid and make no sense whatsoever!

I started to think about it after I had made the "Technology in 2142" comment. for the sniper...Let me sub categorize my gripes:
  • a) Cars/Jeeps Or whatever you want to call them... These things are super fast which is cool.... but they steer like Blah... You would think in 2142 we could have a super fast 4x4 that could at least have a good turning radius? They are almost too fast because anyone who is a gunner is useless with because you move so much you cannot hit the broad side of a barn...
    b) Walkers they look neat... But can anyone explain to me why an infantryman can take one of these things out with a single gun but a jeep mounted gun does nothing to them? WTF? These things are very easy to kill too easy if you ask me. The next mod should include the piece of rope as a weapon kit so you can recreate the Ewok scene and take these things out... Useless piece of crap IMHO... :roll:
    c) Flying Troop Carrier... Sigh.... Yes you to can carry 6 people (That's if you could get 6 people to actually be stupid/smart enough to jump in.) to their death in this useless piece of crap. Takes nothing to kill this off in fact all you have to do is rub up against a tree or a Titan and boom it blows you and your passengers right up. One more thing, why in 2142 can we not have a troop carrier that has a weapon for the pilot?
    d) Tanks...... We still cannot make a tank in 2142 go over a wire fence? What about the fact that we are still firing dumb projectiles? Dumb in that wouldn't you think in 2142 you would have smart projectiles that actually hit their target? Heat seeking? At the very least give me a laser guided projectile?
4) Unit Types. WTF happened to the medic? How do I revive someone? Oh of course this is an unlock.. No you have to earn the right to revive your fellow comrade... Oh and you have to earn the right to get a grenade? How dumb is that? Oh and I love how they tell you that you can choose not to have armor or not... to be honest I have yet to figure out what the armor actually does cause I die just as quickly with it than I do without it...

5) Artilery.... I personally think the guy who pitched the concept of 2142's artillery should be subjected to listening to the most annoying sound in the game for the rest of his days. Not only is it the most annoying noise it is pretty much useless unless I happen to be on the receiving side... I played as commander and was unable to kill anyone with it and there were 5 red dots clustered on the blah flag I was trying to defend as a commander... 1 person died? In 2142 I want a compressed plasma weapon that creates a huge explosion!

This game has the same mystery to me that Counter-Strike has... I really cannot understand why everyone likes it so much... I'm really trying to play it... I'm really trying... I'm hoping that my frustration might go away when I get a few unlocks... I have unlocked a few things but nothing that seems to help me at all.. I dunno man I just dunno... :roll:
Cheers!

(BDU)MrJoelieC
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

God gave us beer to get through times like this. :)

PS Tried the demo. Never bought the game.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Thank you, thank you MrJoelieC!
Bravo!
You've put into words all my feelings about this insipid game...and
all the reasons I stopped playing soon after wasting my money on it.
So much potential gone down the crapper.

I'll stick to good old BF'42 and Forgotten Hope....and maybe some BF2.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Umm... Just like most other games you have to learn to play it. Snipers take me out all the time with one shot :wink:
Your kinda complaining about Godzilla. No he is not real and in reality its stupid, but there he is on the big screen for your enjoyment.
The things in the game are not real. The don't exist it reality they probably never will. Still I enjoy it, I guess you don't :D
I don't remember anything from the game developer that said it was just like real war and seeing we have not reached the year 2142 I can't really compare it. Now Half-Life TFC and Unreal Tournament there are some realistic games :roll:

I can't believe I am defending a $50 mod :lol: Well actually I got it for $25.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

It is okay to like the game, Grimp. It's okay that some don't like it. It's all subjective opinions. Just because I happen to agree with Joel doesn't mean he is smarter than you. It just means that I am smarter than you. Feel better now?

:)

Of course since you can play the game, maybe you are smarter than Joel (not me, of course). I can't figure out how smart Step is. I need more data. Sorry. :(

Of course, that could mean Step is smarter than me (not you. of course). I'll bet Dave is sorry he read this far.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
(BDU)opcenter
Forum User

Post by (BDU)opcenter »

Since Joel actually plagiarized most of my post to provide you with HIS post.... I figured I should jump in here. :)

As much as I have to gripe about, I am having fun playing it. So far the maps look really cool. I've been in some of the most intense infantry battles in any game I've played in just a few hours of playing 2142. I'm also much happier about the server browser... especially the server history and buddy list.

I'm really itching to try it in a LAN environment... preferably with people who suck almost as much as I do. :)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Which only goes to prove you are smarter than Tissueman or me or is it Step or Joel :wink:
Yes I found several things I did not like about it. One its hard :D but I do enjoy playing it.
Well except for last night when I could not even get a frag. I had to resort to getting kills with mines and hiding in the bushes :D
I think I lost my dog tags more last night than ever before.
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sandretzky »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Which only goes to prove you are smarter than Tissueman or me or is it Step or Joel :wink:
Yes I found several things I did not like about it. One its hard :D but I do enjoy playing it.
Well except for last night when I could not even get a frag. I had to resort to getting kills with mines and hiding in the bushes :D
I think I lost my dog tags more last night than ever before.
Im sorry Grimp the server kicked me and when I logged back in I was your opponent. Didn't mean to make you hide in the bushes. Thanks for standing still and waving by the church, I never greased anybody from a gunship before :D
WHO ME?
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

I enjoy it but I also I have my dislikes about it. I agree that the weapons suck and they need to be more futuristic. We have weapons in the military right now that makes almost all of the 2142 weapons seem like your back in the civil war. The DC mod for 1942 has a semi-auto .50 cal sniper rifle which is our current weaponry in real life so why couldn't they add that to 2142.

I played as support until I got several unlocks to upgrade my other classes for when I play them which isn't very often. Overall I find it a fun game to play but it does have its down falls that need to be made more futuristic.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Thanks for standing still and waving by the church
Your welcome :D
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]bigjohnson »

I was a skeptic also, nay... I was an insurgent waging jihad on the unholy futuristic battlefield... but then the gift of futuristic battle befell me at the celebration of christ giving day, and I was hestitant... I waited days, no weeks, to install this cursed game which for some unknown reason beckoned me. I installed it and after a few times, sorta like sex in highschool and driving intoxicated... I got used to it and even, well, a little cocky; creating my own style and watching other success people operate, again like sex in highschool and driving intoxicated... Now I'm used to it , pretty much like the new things about it, and something fun to do since I'm married and don't drink or go out much so.

OH YAH.... That is a SILVER RECON badge
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Well said.
I will put hostility between Joel and the BF2142ers and between Joel and EA; BF2142 players will attack your head, and you will attack BF2142 players's heel. So it will be forever and ever. There will be no Shriner's cheeseburgers at the Noreaster for Joel the other non-believers :wink:
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

As (BDU)opcenter mentioned- I think it'll be fun to try it at the LAN,
definitely a good environment to play.
In any case, I like any game a lot better when there's other JiF'ers around.

I figured I probably got discouraged with 2142 since I was playing on
all the public servers before any JiF'ers played it...then I just stopped.
Figure I'll get back into next week when I get back....give it another try,
might be more fun if I get to kill Grimp ;)
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

might be more fun if I get to kill Grimp
PFFFFT... Like thats ever gonna happen.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Do tk's count?
:lol: