Here comes Battlefield 3

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Here comes Battlefield 3

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... eld-3.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Teaser trailer out tommorrow and in March there's gonna be more info about it.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Re: Here comes Battlefield 3

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF0lYGLb ... ture=feedu[/video]

Although this video doesn't whos us anything, it still looks awesome <3

Btw, the most liked comment on the video is funny ;D

-- Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:21 pm --

I'd suggest looking at these links:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... t-bf3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... osted.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I wish they would just come up with something new already. :roll:
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

...I think its time to upgrade my rig..

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/gameplay-debut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I wish they would have made is a ww3 game. The thing missing with all their BF series is scope, which is why the original kicks butt. Something about playing one map in one part of the world with land vehicles then going to a pacific map with carriers, planes, destroyers, subs and BB's does something for me.

I will end up getting it, I can resist but looks like only DX10 and 11 and no Windows XP so It will be time for me to upgrade my OS.

some cool thinks are: like in ARMA2 - you can grab a wounded buddy and drag them to safety and you can rest your gun on a wall or sandbag to increase your accuracy. Now were talking some good features!.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I'm expecting this game to be a whole new breed that will have people saying, "Call of Duty, what?"

Check out this article from game informer if you have a chance, it's a little long but it gives good details on the scope of this game and the amount of dedication the team is pouring into the technology behind the new engine. It will definitely be a game to upgrade for....
This isn't just another new Battlefield game, either. It's the long-awaited true successor of the lengendary PC exclusive that players still enjoy today. The lovable Bad Company characters Sweetwater, Haggard, Marlowe, and Sarge are being left on the sidelines as DICE returns to the large-scale warfare that put the studio on the map.
http://battlefield.gamersverse.com/arti ... ing-scans/

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

[JiF]Riceman wrote:...I think its time to upgrade my rig..

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/gameplay-debut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm going to buy a new rig just for this game.. that and my existing PC blew it's PSU a few months ago. Left with a computer from 2003 at the moment. I have a huge backlog of games I need to play, but this is at the top.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

no way I can afford a new PC, have just abut managed to upgrade an old one I was given - however I will be playing this on PS3 so anyone else planning on getting it?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Rhykin wrote:
[JiF]Riceman wrote:...I think its time to upgrade my rig..

I'm going to buy a new rig just for this game.. that and my existing PC blew it's PSU a few months ago. Left with a computer from 2003 at the moment. I have a huge backlog of games I need to play, but this is at the top.

Gah, sorry to hear that, I fortunately never had that happen to me *knocks on wood*. I don't know where you go for you're PC building but I've always preferred Newegg. I thought about going with a somewhat mid grade nvidia card for my next build but after seeing the graphics in this game I think i'll really need to invest in some good hardware.

I too have a backlog of games I have yet to finish because of school: Mass effect 2, Metro 2033, Bioshock, Max Payne 2, STALKER... just to name a few

Gnome you beat me to it! Just saw that video this morning!! Looks and sounds amazing, cannot wait!
Last edited by [JiF]Riceman on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Max
Forum User

Post by Max »

Do,I really have to buy windows 7 and sound support for D10 or 11? I have latest version of Windows Xp home. :viva:
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Max wrote:Do,I really have to buy windows 7 and sound support for D10 or 11? I have latest version of Windows Xp home. :viva:
XP and DX9 aren't supported, sorry. :(
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

Ahhh... looks so good lol. Can't wait. Excited they're spending extra attention on the PC version. It'll give me a great excuse to build a new rig.

And Zouga, I'm a big PS3 guy myself, but visually (for this game) there will be no comparison.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

EA, what is your PSN ID?
mine is Zougathefist, add me and we'll play some BFBC2
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula