Interview at Northeastern!

Want to get together to have some fun? No this is not a dating forum, but Lan Parties, Paintball, Cookouts, etc.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Interview at Northeastern!

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Hey!

I have an interview at Northeastern University for their PhD graduate program on February 12th. I fly in on the 11th and leave and 13th. Just wondering if any Jiffers in the Boston area would like to meet up for a couple brews? Let me know!

Cory/Riceman
Last edited by [JiF]Riceman on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Interview at Northeastern!

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

12th might work for me. If the the "Real Boss" lets me and being old I would not know where to go around there :)
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Haha alright! Well I dont have the slightest idea, never been to boston, but looking forward to it since its a free trip :D

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

Sorry I'll miss it, but I'll be in Florida for 2 weks :) as of the 11th
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

No worries, at least you'll have much warmer weather haha

[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Oh my goodness. I missed ANOTHER JiFFer coming to New England? :|

Well, I assume you did well so it won't be too long before you come back up here! :D
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Rhykin wrote:Oh my goodness. I missed ANOTHER JiFFer coming to New England? :|

Well, I assume you did well so it won't be too long before you come back up here! :D
Hah no worries, I actually accepted an offer at another school but it's still in the New England area! I got into the University of Pennsylvania and will be moving to Philly in June :D

Max
Forum User

Post by Max »

Good luck,hope all goes well! :thumbup: I also now know where to come for my questions on say, why are doughnuts round?
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Max wrote:Good luck,hope all goes well! :thumbup: I also now know where to come for my questions on say, why are doughnuts round?
Haha thanks! You certainly can ask me anything you want, but I'm no expert in the structural components of fried doughy matter :lol:

[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

[JiF]Riceman wrote:Hah no worries, I actually accepted an offer at another school but it's still in the New England area! I got into the University of Pennsylvania and will be moving to Philly in June :D
Nice. Congrats!

Also, you'll be in comfortable driving distance to Nor'easter! :D
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Rhykin wrote:
[JiF]Riceman wrote:Hah no worries, I actually accepted an offer at another school but it's still in the New England area! I got into the University of Pennsylvania and will be moving to Philly in June :D
Nice. Congrats!

Also, you'll be in comfortable driving distance to Nor'easter! :D
Thanks! For once I actually be getting paid to go to school :viva:

Unfortunately I think I'm selling my car, the apartment I signed on is within walking distance of campus and with public transportation I really don't see the need for one. But there is always the good 'ol amtrak rail system :D

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Good luck with your studies. Congratulations on getting accepted. Sounds like a good deal.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF] General WarHawk
Game Admin

Post by [JiF] General WarHawk »

Given that this is about a year old, I'm curious how the job is going??

Had I known about this, I would have been there. NU was my sister's alma mater. I used to like the cafeteria there, when they had free refills on Cherry Coke.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.