I'm Hooked

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

I'm Hooked

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I gotta say, this is one amazing game. Playing it with Doc, Step, Grimp et al is extremely engrossing - you feel like you're really there. I hope some more will join us.

And Doc, sorry about shooting your leg off last night in that vilage. In my thermal sniper sights, you looked like a bogie.

"Uh, Stinky, were you just shooting at me?"

"Oh crap, Doc, are you already inside the village?"
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Re: I'm Hooked

Post by [JiF]Doc »

We are use to it. Step likes to use us for target practice :P . Although im sure it didnt help that I had an enemy weapon. If your enjoying the game already it will only get better! It took us awhile to like it, still not sure if Grimp and Jimbo really enjoy it or not and Step has become and Armaholic :D
Judge
Forum User

Post by Judge »

And Domination barely scratches the surface. Once you get some mission editors making missions there is no limit. Arma is a true strategic/tactical military sandbox. It's like playdoh for grown ups!
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

I think I will try and pick this up over the holiday's as a xmas present to myself. Feel like i'm missing all the fun...
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

I like it also I need to get with you guys .Ive been playin mostly alone trying to figure out some of this massive game.Its realy coooool :wave:
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

I bought it a few days ago and now I'm just looking up the sheer face of a 1000 foot learning curve , ouch my one remaining brain cell hurts :?
Judge
Forum User

Post by Judge »

Judge wrote: ... Once you get some mission editors making missions there is no limit. Arma is a true strategic/tactical military sandbox. It's like playdoh for grown ups!

On this note, if anyone has questions about the editor let me know. I've done a ton of research and have a nice set of links to helpful stuff when it comes to mission making. I'm no expert by far, but I can either help or point you in the right direction to get help =)
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

For those starting out, playing coop with Doc and the boys is a good way to learn. Obviously, you'll want to get the basics of movement and fire down first, but after that it can be learn-on-the-fly (which is usually die-on-the-fly).
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I do like the game. Took a while, but I like it. We switched over to play BFBC2 Vietnam from it the other night and I just wanted to go back to ARMA 2.
Really I would not worry too much about learning it before joining the JiF server. Really helps to have people on and just play it. I forget all the buttons between rounds anyway and if Doc alters the mod I have no clue what I am doing :)
TS really helps as I can't find the chat buttons anyway.

-- Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:35 pm --

$30.14 for Arma 2 combined operations right now. Time to use that gift card.
Doc does have a dedicated server running now. Seems to work okay.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I'm still on the fence about this one. I enjoy playing with other JiFFers, but the new Vietnam is better. :D
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

The new Vietnam is fun, but the pace is so hectic that I find it frustrating. That, plus getting snipe-killed within 5 seconds of spawning, over and over again.

I like the more deliberate pace of Amra II, and the way that good strategy and tactics are rewarded.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

I just found an image of a map from Arma II...

:shock:

MUST HAVE!!!!!
:razz: :razz:
Judge
Forum User

Post by Judge »

This is the Chernarus map, which is the map included with Arma II. If you get/have just Operation Arrowhead you wont have this map, but you will with Combined Ops. There are a lot of woods, and it changes the game dynamically from playing in the desert. Definitely a good idea, in my opinion, to have some missions with this map in the mix.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

finally got everything installed (Mod as well - thanks Doc..good instructions), walked for about 15 minutes to get to the location on my map and I die...guess I need to get on with you guys and we can work as a team...this does not appear to be a game for rambos....