New guy =)

Judge
Forum User

New guy =)

Post by Judge »

Hey all. Just joining the community on a recdomendation from Pop. I play a fair amount of ArmA and was wondering if you guys play on a regular server, have your own, use any mods regularly, etc.

I also do a bit of mission making, so if you have your own server, is there a procedure to get missions tested out and uploaded?

Look forward to playing with you guys.

Judge
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Re: New guy =)

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

welcome aboard :)
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hi Judge , welcome to the forums :)
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

Hi Judge always nice to see a new name :papa:
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Hi Judge ,nice to see your name ,these are a bunch of good people .lookin forward to seeing you on the field :wave:
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Howdy Judge! Most of us that play arma are fairly new to it still. I have been running a dedicated server off my pc for us to play, we play Combined ops with the ace mod mostly. Do you have have arma 2 and OA?

Theres 4 or so people who just picked up the game the last steam sale so I made some guides to mod installtion and will make some for the game modes. Since youve already been playing you probably know how to already. :) We have been playing alot of Domination (seems a little easier to learn, and players can get into the action fast). What kind of missions have you made?

We should be on this weekend if you would like to play. We will probably mess around with the new ARMEX. :shoot:
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Yo Judge

Welcome to us! I see you later on our ArmA II server when I get it. :pada:
Judge
Forum User

Post by Judge »

Hey guys. Thanks for the welcome.

@Doc - I have Arma2, OA, and both the DLC's, though I haven't messed with the new PMC yet.

Do you use just ACE, or the whole lot (ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_SM, CBA)? To be honest I'm not sure what's in all of them, just know the server I had been playing on used em all.

Do you notice any lag running a mission as big as Domi just on your PC? What's the name of the server when you put it up?

I've made a couple missions made for around 4-8 players. I enjoy making them, so will likely keep doing it =)
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

We use the whole lot of them (@CBA,@ACE,@ACEX,@ACEX_SM,@ACEX_RU,@ACEX_USNavy) I think I figured out what they all are. :) Ace is the main mod, acex adds weapons, acex_sm is the ace sound mod, the last 2 add more vehicles and infantry.

Usually the server will contain [JiF], so you can filter for that and find it. We have a password on, usually its just the number "1". It keeps players from joining who dont have the correct mods(tends to cause server lag if they dont)

So far my pc runs the server without any issues, occasional lag and teleporting long distances with bots it may freeze for a bit(freezes on the client side not the entire server). I have some spare parts and will see if i can get a permanet server running. The specs are alot lower than my current pc so it may have some issues, will have to test it.

Do you play via steam? If so ill have to get your steam id/name. You can send me the maps too and we can try those as well. JiF also has a ts3 server running that you may want to get a login/pssword for.
Judge
Forum User

Post by Judge »

Sounds great. I've got TS all set up and I'll be looking for the server.

-- Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm --

A buddy and I play a good bit during the day, so I'll start naming games with the [JiF] in front as well (if that's ok) and I'll leave TS up. All are welcome and feel free to ask any questions. I'll answer as best I can =)
Last edited by Judge on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
|USMC| RAVEN
New User

Post by |USMC| RAVEN »

Hello all, played with a few of you guys on the [JiF] arma II server the other night and had a blast. I figured I would keep in contact with you guys, I'm always looking for good people to play arma II with. :thumbup:

If you have steam add me :)

robojesus5000
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Yo Raven.
Welcome to the forums. Since most of us play Battlefield 1942 I recommend you to pick up a copy in your local store. :cool:

Well, I will in the very near future pick up ArmA II, though.

See you later!
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Howdy Raven, had a good time the other night too. Nice to have people to play with. Severs up most of the time :roll: , (should be up all the time but having some issues lately) feel free to drop in. We have a few that play during the week and more on weekends. Post in the Server Issues thread if its not showing up ill reboot it.