Arma II Operation Arrowhead

[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Re: Arma II Operation Arrowhead

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:You will need 4 months of basic training and 4 hands for the keyboard ;) Actually if you come on and play COOP with the group you will probably have some fun :) Jimbo has learned to build and use the arty. He only kills us once in a while now and can wipe out the bad tanks. You must tell Jimbo to keep his hands and feet in the moving vehicles at all times. If you don't you will be using lots of medical supplies.
I have learned to fix vehicles, lift them by the chopper and move them around most of the time.
I have become very good at instant negative 14 scores by crashing a fully loaded chopper.
Step just snipes and he snipes everyone! His only TS talk is "Oops was that you?" :) Just saying :roll:
Doc has a whole mod setup thingy that you will want to get to come and join the fun, if you have not already.
Hint: When your alttiude meter says 500 you better pull the rip-cord and I mean like right now ;)
I pull mine at 380.
...and I've said more than that onTS, I think I said, "Sorry Jimbo, I was aiming for Grimp."
:hah:
I've tried flying, the basics are easy, but I haven't managed moving vehicles yet, I need more practice but I have too much fun sniping and using Javelins from a distance :twisted:

Get the game, come play with us!
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

It has been more fun lately.
Hint 2: If you hear BURRRRRRRRRRP, BURRRRRRRRRRRRP you and your whole squad are gonna die very soon.
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

The mods are a real pain to install for this game but I managed to create a self installer. Ill work on creating a tutorial/guide for a couple things. Basic setup, Mod install and a guide to the game modes we play.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I buy this game while its onsale. Go away for a week without even playing it to find out the new BF Vietnam is on presale. Of course I buy it. Hopefully this won't be one of those games I never play. :crazy:

-- Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:04 am --

what mods do I need?
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]Smuckers wrote:I buy this game while its onsale. Go away for a week without even playing it to find out the new BF Vietnam is on presale. Of course I buy it. Hopefully this won't be one of those games I never play. :crazy:

-- Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:04 am --

what mods do I need?
You.Need.To.Play.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Smuckers whines even more than I do :)

Check viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the horribly complicated mod set up.
Then get Doc on TS and have him actually make it work for you :)
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

Smuckers whines even more than I do

Check viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4290 for the horribly complicated mod set up.
Then get Doc on TS and have him actually make it work for you
Smuckers whines even more than I do :)

Check viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the horribly complicated mod set up.
Then get Doc on TS and have him actually make it work for you :)

Of course Doc has to help. Who else do you goto when all else fails trying to get a game to work :pada:
devnull
New User

Post by devnull »

So is this worth the $45? Being an older gamer I prefer something with a bit more strategerie and less twitch. This sounds a lot more like a Tribes 2 from the map sizes and game play descriptions. is that a good analogy? I'm open minded if it is a well designed game and provides a value experience. let me know.

dev
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

It has kept me busy for a while :) I never played Tribes 2. I did play tribes and thought it was like Unreal only bigger maps.
This is not like that :)
It's suppose to be realistic and as far as it goes it is more than a lot of FPS games.
It seems to be most fun IMO when you are playing as a group in COOP mode against the AI.
You can make it a tactical game or you can just go in shooting. The options are sooooo many.
Sometimes I just transport, build and fix things until I get bored and go fight :)

So it can be like model railroading or mountain biking. Just depends on what you like to do.
Maybe a little of both. We tend to find our little niche in the game and play that part.
We have played for hours and never finished a game, but it does not seem to matter too much if we don't. It's just has so many ways to play.

Probably not for the impatient.

-- Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:01 pm --

Was on sale.
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

This is actually what we do ;)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io3WmtRXFq0[/video]
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I dont know whats worse, that song or the fact that I watched the whole thing. :think: Thanks Doc
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

I kept waiting for the shooting to start :roll:
Judge
Forum User

Post by Judge »

Arma offers a true sandbox when it comes to how to accomplish an objective. You can truly employ any tactics you want, without any restrictions. So it offers really the only truly tactical shooter/milsim experience out there in my opinion. If you throw in the editor, sky's the limit on missions/scenarios you can create and experience. It's well worth every penny ;)

When is the JiF server typically up? Nights and weekends? I'm a weekday daytime player for the most part and haven't seen the server yet. If anyone else plays during that time I might try to see if I can host small games locally. I haven't done that yet with large missions like Domination but willing do give it a whirl.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

LOL cow, reminds me of John Candy shooting the ducks flying overhead during basic training in the movie Stripes.

Ok, someone tell me in a paragraph what this game is about please. Is this a realistic military sim? Meaning, I can jump in say an A-10 or Apache and have a 5km range hellfire lock on and kill tanks or artillery has realisic range(of MILES) and burst radius for example?

Do you lead AI solders and are more of the role of a Lt. or section leader or what?

I hear you can build things, what?

I am thinking of joining you guys on this. How is it different from Bad Company or regular 42?(other than modern).

Gib
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

What he ^ said
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula