in case ya didnt know....

Topics related to Left for Dead 2.
{OTB} The Glimmerman
Repeat Visitor

in case ya didnt know....

Post by {OTB} The Glimmerman »

Eve of Destruction v2.2 is out now...for bf1942. pretty cool...more stable than the previous ver.

Glimm :shoot:
but@fly
Forum User

Re: in case ya didnt know....

Post by but@fly »

What can you say about system requirements ? Comparable to Battlegroup´42 or less hungry?

cheers

but{a}fly
{OTB} The Glimmerman
Repeat Visitor

its a bit heavy....my rule of thumb, for these mods anyway, is "if you can run BF2, then you can handle any mod...lol
but@fly
Forum User

Post by but@fly »

hmm so either spend a grand on a new system to be able to play EoD or spend a month holiday at the Gulf of Tonkin for the same money... decisions, decisions, decisions :D

Well, if you are looking for me I am having a bowl of Pho in Nha Trang ~ it is lovely this time of the year lol
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

I just downloaded it , it's not as heavy on the pc as bg42. there are so many new maps , what maps are your favourites?
{OTB} The Glimmerman
Repeat Visitor

i honestly cant name one..but i played quite a few on the DC server today..and some were very, very cool..!!..your right..a lot of maps !!

Glimm :shoot:
but@fly
Forum User

Post by but@fly »

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote:I just downloaded it , it's not as heavy on the pc as bg42.
Hmm if so... I might have to download it as well :D Is there by any chance a conversion of the old Battlefield Vietnam map "Operation Flaming Dart"? I have just been watching this lovely video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhHzG0ywTQo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And realized how much I missed gaming on it ~ for me simply the best bfv map :)
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

No, I don't think that Operation Flaming Dart is included :(
but@fly
Forum User

Post by but@fly »

:( damn...

Though, I just checked their mission briefings:

http://www.eodmod.com/website2007/bf1942/maps.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

still looks tempting enough to give it a try... hopes this runs on my machine ~

btw. did anyone here travel to the greater "Indochina" area before?

-- Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:54 pm --

A few reference photos I shot in the area in ´07:
Coming in to the east approach of PP international airport. View on Mekong river and afflux from Tonle Sap river from the west.
Coming in to the east approach of PP international airport. View on Mekong river and afflux from Tonle Sap river from the west.
Involuntary stop in Snoul ~ our bus broke down a stone throw from the Vietnamese border. Also place of a bigger tank battle between the U.S. 11th Armored Cavalry and PAVN in ´71.
Involuntary stop in Snoul ~ our bus broke down a stone throw from the Vietnamese border. Also place of a bigger tank battle between the U.S. 11th Armored Cavalry and PAVN in ´71.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian_Campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://northwestvets.com/spurs/cambodia.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The island Don Det in Laos. A few miles from the Ho Chi Minh trail. Why would anyone want to bomb a place with such stunning graphics?
The island Don Det in Laos. A few miles from the Ho Chi Minh trail. Why would anyone want to bomb a place with such stunning graphics?
A little bit closer to the HCM trail you start to see more and more US scrap metal.
A little bit closer to the HCM trail you start to see more and more US scrap metal.
Wall decoration in a restaurant in Vang Vieng in Laos ~ Last stop on the way to the "Plain of the Jars".
Wall decoration in a restaurant in Vang Vieng in Laos ~ Last stop on the way to the "Plain of the Jars".
View outside of the restaurant shown above - The karst hills of Vang Vieng.
View outside of the restaurant shown above - The karst hills of Vang Vieng.
One of the most heavily bombed areas in Laos. All bombers taking off in Thailand to bomb North Vietnam had the order to unload their ordnance there if they missed their target in Vietnam - it is still a moon landscape in the dry season. And difficult to get to since the corridors that are free to go through are often blocked. An eerie place...
One of the most heavily bombed areas in Laos. All bombers taking off in Thailand to bomb North Vietnam had the order to unload their ordnance there if they missed their target in Vietnam - it is still a moon landscape in the dry season. And difficult to get to since the corridors that are free to go through are often blocked. An eerie place...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_of_Jars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by but@fly on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

can we get this forum moved to the right location? lol
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.