Greetings!

Please introduce yourself here after you have joined the forum so we know your not a bot. Thanks! Once you have introduced yourself your permissions will be upgraded.
but@fly
Forum User

Greetings!

Post by but@fly »

My greetings to all the fine gentlemen I was privileged to fight with on the JIF server!

I have been playing on the server for months and being on the forum for a couple of days by now but somehow skipped my introduction. My name is Mike though I am used to respond to "butterfly" in what ever language you come up with. I am 30 years old and studied chemistry ~ but ended up in the physics department of my university. I studied in Cologne, Germany but have been moving around quite a bit lately.

I have been gaming for a while with a special interest in RPG´s (Neverwinter Nights), Action RPG´s (Gothic), Action Adventures (Deus Ex), Simulations (MS Flightsimulator, Falcon 4.0, Ship Simulator) and naturally a fair share of shooters. I have been with bf42 from the beginning and spend most of my time in the "Desert Combat" mod on a 24/7 El Al server of the DCBB Clan (now WCK). But after a short break in my gaming habits I came back to find the server gone! So after a time of wandering homeless I stumbled upon Pot Luck and couldn´t find a reason to move on ever since :) Playing with you folk is always a privilege... and even if a 150 ping doesn´t help my score I still know that I am going to enjoy myself once I log in. And as far as I can tell you all have been able to cope with my suicidal tendencies and skilful tk once in while - I always felt welcome :D

My hobbies beside gaming are almost everything about computers from assembling Hardware to "making Windows not annoy you" and being creative in Photoshop, InDesign and Co. And in the not virtual part of life travelling became my favourite activity. I lately focused on Asia having family and friends in several places there... still didn´t master my Chinese course though :S But I usually take every travel option I stumble upon and might end up in a place near you anytime haha if so - cold beer is on me :D

Alright:

introducing myself - checked

So what´s left to say ~ hope to see you all on the battlefield again soon! I keep on honing my skill level out of n00b territory and maybe one day have a shot on fragging you Gib ... just once. In the words of Donald Trump: You have to dream big :D

Warm greetings out of cold Germany!

but{a}fly

p.S. thank you Shell for introducing BG42! It´s really a great mod and I can´t wait to see a few more maps on Monday. Though, some of the maps seem to use very high-res textures causing my frame rate to drop into the unplayable level ~ I dumped my desktop when I started moving and my laptop is a little rusty *sigh.... Anyhow, all those maps that I can play had been great ~ I love what they have done with the good old Guadalcanal! So much love for details...amazing :)
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: Greetings!

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

hey tonight is sunday loads of us play on theMOB server cause its BG42 night there. its a german server so it should give u a nice ping running at around 30-40

and welcome btw
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Hi Mike glad you joined the fourms ,always good to see you in the game .Im in indianapolis ,Ind we have a race here you might have heard of ,if u find yourself there drop me a PM ,see ya :papa:
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Welcome to the forums Mike , It's been a pleasure gaming with you on our server and it's good that you have now found a nice home :)
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Welcome Mike. Nice to see you on the forums! :papa:
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Welcome Mike. It's been fun playing with you on the server.
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

I dont know if we met yet, but anyhow welcome and thanx for contributing to the forums!
Hope to see and maybe hear (Teamspeak) u soon.
/rix (also called dirty packer and probably other unwritable things :D )

Btw. I live "nearby", Gothenburg (Göteborg), Schweden, city where BF1942 once were made.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

we all meet again tonight on the mob server for some BG fun. tomorow again on our server
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Welcome but@fly!

Really enjoyed playing with you since you found us. :D
Good to find out a bit more about the player behind the name.
With your knowledge of computers I'm sure you will be of use in our forums too. We often get players with problems both game related & general as well.

See you on the battlefield soon
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Welcome Mike!

Hope you'll jump in on Teamspeak one time :)
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
but@fly
Forum User

Post by but@fly »

@Frenchy

you are right the MOB server is German friendly - ping-wise :) Though, what happened last night? Just when I got on the server seems to have rebooted and most JIF player were gone. Good thing they switched to smaller maps afterwards. I especially enjoyed the Refinery map... hope this one is on tonight :D I had to leave after Port Moersby because the next map in the rotation crashed my framerate...it is such a small map but somehow put a enormous load on my system *sigh But there were still a good couple of rounds on Pot Luck afterwards...

@Pop

you don´t have to be from Indiana to know the old Brickyard ;) I am in a little bit of an dilemma when it comes to cars, though. My best friends all got into motor sports when the magic 18 came into reach. But I, influenced by my father back then, thought cars were boring and spend my time on the water or in the air instead ~ he owned a small boat and had a pilot license (mostly did gliders). Well the result is that I even find it challenging to parallel park :D and NASCAR fever never sparked in me. But I will make sure that I step in when I am around ~ maybe you have a cure for me there! Btw. so far I haven´t been to the States... the closest I got to US soil was the Caribbean - spend 4 weeks on Jamaica - and a involuntary landing on an American - I think it was American not Canadian hmm - military airstrip on Newfoundland. Darn it was cold there in Winter! We were all dressed for warmer latitudes and had to evacuate the plane in -30°C snowstorm lol

@Rix

Yep we met... but you might have been too busy shooting at me ;) So far the rumours about you didn´t reach me ~ but keep´em coming ... I am great on gossip haha Btw. I recently send a wave in your direction - the hand movement not the water kind. I visited Kiel and Fehmarn in the north of Germany and watched the ferries go your direction. I would have come over if Scandinavia wasn´t so terribly expensive! My travel budget couldn´t cope with that. Maybe I should try to find a job in Sweden so I could get to know a little bit more about the culture ~ I am already a big fan of Köttbullar meatballs! ;)

@Gav

Yeah it is always a good game when you are around ~ and I already learnt not to park my behind in places where you can shoot it... you never miss up on a chance :D I agree with you - the reason why I joined here is to get to know a little bit more about you guys. I mean if you spend a lot of quality time with a bunch of people you got to know who they are.

@Cesar

Thx - yes I reinstalled teamspeak yesterday and was already able to connect to your channel. I am not yet familiar with the tool, though. They also used it @ the DCBB Clan but I usually stick with xfire since I use it to connect to games anyway. Well, nonetheless ~ tsv3 is up and running... But hey, I am a bit mic shy - be gentle haha

@all

Thank you for welcoming me on your server ~ I am looking forward to the next time we meet on the battlefield.

cheers

but{a}fly / Mike
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

hi mike

im mike also a.k.a. dater and also otherwise known as grenade guy or zook your face guy :) looking fowards to playin see ya soon .. nice meeting you

mikey a.k.a dater
[JiF]Tristan
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Tristan »

Welcome!
Glad you joined the forum, been a lot of fun playin ya! :D
Anakin
Repeat Visitor

Post by Anakin »

Welcome to the Phorum's
See you on the field : :shoot:
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Welcome Butta!

I enjoy playing with you in the game.

Oh and about fraggin me, the line wraps around the door and down the hall so navigate yourself to the back of the line there Copernicus...

:P
:shoot:

Cya on the field of glory.