Game Freezes (Multiplayer)

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: Game Freezes (Multiplayer)

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Another workaround is to create a windows shortcut directly to bf1942 and launch straight into the Pot Luck server.
The shortcut should have the following as the target:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer 192.12.119.204 14567"

Change the path if your bf42 is in a different folder :)
Last edited by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Yes, I got it! As you said (Shell) that the gamespy master server was down but it was caused by that gamespy was moving! all the gamespy powered games was unable to play online! Wow im "genious"! :viva:
LongSnapper
New User

Post by LongSnapper »

I deleted the custom profiles folder as you suggested, and it worked, however, ALL the servers were missing from the list, so there were no games to join...Has anyone else ran into this? I tried to update and refresh the server list, to no avail... Suggestions?
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

LongSnapper , the missing server list is the problem , in order to join a server you have to manually enter the ip address and port in the add server function. Do not hit the update key or it will freeze the game for about 30 seconds. Alternatively you can create a windows shortcut to go directly to the JiF server as described in my previous post.
[JiF]lini
Forum User

Post by [JiF]lini »

On a sidenote, imo it kinda sucks that GameSpy doesn't even seem to deem it necessary to post some information on that problem at prominent position either on their main site or in their forums - I've surfed around there a bit and found no official statement yet. One would think that they should rather inform in advance, when such an important function becomes temporarily unavailable, then let all the gamers run right into the problem - and that shortly before a weekend...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
[JiF]Alexander theGreat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Alexander theGreat »

Excellent work, shell!

How do I create such a shortcut for Windows?
JoPa
Repeat Visitor

Post by JoPa »

You can join through xfire. The problem is the EA master server list. Its all over the EA site. Some people think its due to them testing their bf 1943 master list. They say they are working on fixing the issue. Its happening to everyone.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Alex , just go to the windows desktop , right click > New > Shortcut

For the target enter "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer 192.12.119.204 14567" (copy exactly including quotes)
You may have to change the path on your machine because it's probably got a german name for the programm directory

Just give your shortcut a name for example BF42 JiF and hit finish and you are done :)
SpecialEd
New User

Post by SpecialEd »

WOW ....

Same thing is happening to me right now. What the heck?

I am glad I am not the only one! I am going to try Shell's work around.

ETA :

IT WORKS!!!!
Last edited by SpecialEd on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
frakazog
New User

Post by frakazog »

Thanks for the fix Shellshocked.
[JiF]Alfred Neumann
Forum User

Re: Game Freezes (Multiplayer) Deutsche Fassung

Post by [JiF]Alfred Neumann »

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote:Alex , just go to the windows desktop , right click > New > Shortcut

For the target enter "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer 192.12.119.204 14567" (copy exactly including quotes)
You may have to change the path on your machine because it's probably got a german name for the programm directory

Just give your shortcut a name for example BF42 JiF and hit finish and you are done :)

Das isses!

Desktop, mit Maus rechts klick, Neu, Verknüpfung

Den unten angegeben Link mit Rechtsklick komplett mit Satzzeichen einfügen, dann auf "weiter"

und und bsw. die Verknüpfung mit BF42 JiF benennen. Funzt!

"C:\Programme\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer 192.12.119.204 14567"

THX SHELL !!!!

knight in shining armour ....

Alfred
Sometimes you lose and sometimes win the others
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

Just done a full reinstall .......as you say fellas not a single server on list....works fine with IP address guess we are at the mercy of the big fellas in charge
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Shortcuts for playing on Jif server or BG42 on Mob server

Goto Desktop right click > new > shortcut

For Jif Server
For the target enter "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer 192.12.119.204:14567" (copy exactly including quotes)

For Mob BG42 server
For the target enter "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game Battlegroup42 +restart 1 +joinServer 78.46.68.13:14568" (copy exactly including quotes)

You may have to change the path if you are running Windows on a non English language pc
Last edited by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

thx allot shell.
its helpfull for now but u guys think the will fix this problem??? if not many ppl will quit bf. for my part i m too lazy to go look up ips and it takes too long to figure out what server is full or not so i will only play on jif and mob.

-- Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:39 pm --

http://www.hlsw.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is usefull too just put in the servers u like and then ur good to go. not as good as the original list but not bad either
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

I just spent a totally wasted 15 minutes on EA games support.
All I got from them was a link to the forum - No information there.
They said they know it is broken and are working on it. No time frame when going to be fixed. Really got the feeling they did not care much since it is an older game.
They would not put me with a supervisor - or provide anyuseful information.
Just hope they do not just let it die.