Game Freezes (Multiplayer)

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: Game Freezes (Multiplayer)

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

If you go on to Gametracker you can find server IP's listed as long as the server is registered.
There is the ability to search for servers by name.
3 Eyed Willie
New User

Post by 3 Eyed Willie »

Really appreciated the shortcut tip to go straight to the IP address of the server. That worked for my PC very nicely.

Funny thing, my Mac had no problem with this. It could refresh, find servers, and I shared IP addresses from there. Friends across Texas and I played well using the servers I found using my Mac. Interesting to me.

Anyway, I joined the community just to say Thanks!

3 Eyed Willie
Austin, Texas
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hey thanks 3 Eyed Willie , that's interesting that you could see the bf servers. I understand that Gamespy have moved their master server list server so perhaps the dns reassignment is now being seen , let's hope so.
Hopefully we may see you on our server soon :)
[JiF]lini
Forum User

Post by [JiF]lini »

Server list functionality is back - here at least. I've just tried: First with the old server list files in the custom profile still renamed, then also with the old server list files renamed back to their original file names: Works no problemo!

So, for all those, who followed my recommendation and just renamed those two files, or fro those, who made a back-up copy of their custom profile folders: You can now re-rename those files or respectively copy back your old profile folder again - then everything will work again just as before the list server move.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Thanks for that lini , yes everything is working as normal here for me in the uk also.
If you created a windows shortcut as a workaround you can of course still use this for convenience. :)
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

I wish I knew about that shortcut a long time ago.
I rarely play elsewhere, so it's very handy.