Battlegroup 42

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Re: Battlegroup 42

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

Just putting my nose in here lads but on the OMG server we once tried having a special mods night at weekends playing FH, DC Final and Star Wars plus a few others (I was given the job of entertainment organisor for this, setting up the maps and rotations )
The result was we got very few new players .....and very few =OMG= players.....on at these times because folks had to go to our forum to download all the maps and patches, and I'd hate to see this happen to your server.
But it's up to you what you do.
Cheers Daft
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Alex,

This is a realism mod and when I first tried the other one(Forgotten Hope) years ago I hated it too. It grows on you.

Main differences are
Reg 42 you can do the doge dance and wiggle around. BG42 you get shot at 200 yds by a rife and don't get the chance to close.

Hiding/Ambushing/Flanking/Not being seet and spotting the enemy before they see you just like in real war are the tactics that = a win.

I love em both but have become re-addicted to this mod!

BRING ON BG42 MONDAYS PLEASE!

woot.

Gib
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

So does anyone play BG42 with a crappy computer like mine? If so, how does it run?

This is what the site says:

Hardware Requirements/Performance Tips:

- We strongly recommend at least 2048MB RAM and a video card with at least 256MB RAM and a CPU with at least 2 GHz

But I have 768 ram and 128 mb video card, cpu is Celeron 2.53 GHz so I'm ok there.

Just wondering if its worth downloading and installing with my setup.

Cheers
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
but@fly
Forum User

Post by but@fly »

[JiF]CowHide wrote: Hardware Requirements/Performance Tips:
We strongly recommend at least 2048MB RAM and a video card with at least 256MB RAM and a CPU with at least 2 GHz

But I have 768 ram and 128 mb video card, cpu is Celeron 2.53 GHz so I'm ok there.
Hi CowHide,

I just finished my BG Monday session on a pretty weak laptop - a Toshiba Protégé: 1,2 GHz Intel CPU, 2 GB Ram and an integrated Intel GPU under Win7. My framerate is about 15 - 30 fps at best and there are a few maps where it drops down to absolutely unplayable - usually maps with custom building like churches or fortresses (guess they used some insane textures for those, I don´t know).

I am sure your GPU will take a lot of the load my CPU is sweating under. Your RAM might be a choking point ~ if you still run XP you should be fine... with Vista or Win7 you might get into trouble.

But I have to say - even though my frame rate is dampening my enthusiasm as well as my kills - I ENJOYED EVERY SECOND I SPEND IN BG TONIGHT :D It´s just the best mod for ´42 that is out there. So much love for details, so many different weapons and beautiful additions to known maps. If you get BG to run on your system you really should. It will be worth your while.

greetings

but{a}fly
{OTB} The Glimmerman
Repeat Visitor

Post by {OTB} The Glimmerman »

your vid card is a tad small for these types of mods..im runnin twin 512's ati crossfires, and im due for an upgrade !!!

as for the monday nite thing...big bold letters in the server list...its good advertising, and everyone scans the server list..obviously..)
JIF'S BGMONDAY MAP ROTATION..or JIF'S MOD MONDAYS-ALL WELCOME..or something like that..lol. and leave it up for a week.
Me, and others who have downloaded these mods are always looking for a good server to play them on, and Jif is a pretty good server !

Glimm :shoot:
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Battlegroup42 1.7: RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED!

http://www.battlegroup42.de/modules.php ... le&sid=282
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

Looks very impressive even from just the stills can't wait!!!! :shoot: