[JiF]Flying Tiger ... Abuse of Power?

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
ukla
Repeat Visitor

[JiF]Flying Tiger ... Abuse of Power?

Post by ukla »

Player name you were using at time of Ban -->
{ JB } H. Ramsbottom
(aka. UKLA)

Time and Date of Ban: -->
Friday July, 2 probably around 7 or 8pm

Description of what happened, and why you think you were banned:
-->
I capture all flags. I move into enemy base with teammate. We encounter [JiF]Flying Tiger.

[JiF]Flying Tiger kills my teammate. I kill [JiF]Flying Tiger.

[JiF]Flying Tiger: "Is that all you know how to do?" (Instead of showing good sportsmanship and asking nicely [JiF]Flying Tiger tries to antagonize me. Yet base camping is okay according to the rules - especially when all flags have been taken)

Me: "Yep"

[JiF]Flying Tiger: "Get out of UCB"

I hop in plane and fly away. Then I question the request.

Me: "We have all of the flags. "

[JiF]Flying Tiger: "Keep pushing me."

Me: "So gay."

(Disclaimer: This recollection may not be 100% accurate. I am sure [JiF]Flying Tiger can provide actual chat messages)

BANNED!

Sure, I instigated [JiF]Flying Tiger AFTER he antagonized me. Sure, I should have handled it better. But sometimes you have to stand your ground.

I won't be treated like a child by some finicky admin that having a bad day or is angry at the world. Just look at his heavy handed history of bans over the last couple of months.

You guys need to reign him in before he ruins your server. It is already pretty slim pickings when it comes to player volume. And now you just lost another regular.

It was fun while it lasted!

Cheers,
UKLA
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: [JiF]Flying Tiger ... Abuse of Power?

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

Editted by Tissue
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

FT sent me a PM about this right after it happened and requested that I review the log. I've put in a request to get the log, but given it's summer and a holiday weekend to boot things just move slower. FT is free respond and once I've had a chance to review the log I can take additional action as needed.

We give our admins a lot of leeway in keeping the server a good place to play. We allow base camping as long as the game doesn't become totally one sided. At that point they have the option of switching to the camped side to help them breakout, ask the attacking team to back off, change the map, kick people, etc.

Other servers operate under different philosophies. Each server gets the population it deserves. If you are right and we 'go out of business', then that will be what we deserve.

I'll reserve judgment until I see the log. It may take a few days. I haven't seen the guy I need to over the holiday weekend.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Flying Tiger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Flying Tiger »

Regardless of particulars you and JB were both being antagonistic instead of just listening to simple requests, and yes I made a decision based on the fact that people were leaving as a result of your idea of sporting play.

The server always comes first and those that respect our rules and requests will always be given first consideration, but you and JB decided to to push the issue instead of just listening and I did what I felt was appropriate given the circumstances and I stand behind my judgement.

[JiF]Flying Tiger
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

Editted by Tissue
ukla
Repeat Visitor

Post by ukla »

There were only a handful of players on the server. All regulars as far as I can recall.

Base camping was not "nasty" by any means. It was our first trip there. Mostly out of boredom because there were so few players and we had all flags.

Sure, a 24 hour ban would have been in order. But a permanent ban? Not so much.

I think you all know that I play fair and demonstrate excellent teamwork. Always juicing you guys with my med pack or fixing your tanks. Yet one instance of talking back and you levee the heavy hand. Pretty harsh.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

I've got the log and will take a look at it today. Further posting should be limited to those that were there. I'll post my findings when I've had a chance to look at the log.

Thanks,
Tissue
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

Except for me, right? Right??

EDIT: Nope. Tissueman
[JiF]Flying Tiger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Flying Tiger »

Your ban was a temporary one for a limit of 3 days until you tried to circumvent it by coming in under another key hash and a.k.a so it was pushed back, and no matter what you allege in regards to my character/actions I am hard but fair and because of that most people do not take a liking to me.

As I said before the server comes first and foremost and by my actions and being quick to act I also allow my fellow Jiffers tp play and have FUN.

I don't enjoy playing the heavy because it takes away from my experience in game, so as I said before I stand behind my decision given the situation and no matter what you say in regards to the handling of the matter my door is always open to any player who would like to DISCUSS the issue rather than argue it.

[JiF]Flying Tiger
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

UKLA, I looked through the log and this is what I take away.

1. You have no problem making fun of a kid who speaks English as a second language.
2. When you have a disagreement with an admin you take it up in game instead of bringing it to the forum where it should be discussed. You also could have sent me or Mike a PM if you had a concern.
3. As soon as you said 'so gay', I'd have kicked you for inappropriate language without discussion because you are a regular and should know better. If you had a history of using language like that I'd have banned you without discussion.
4. You are a regular, but you don't understand our policy on base camping/attacking uncaps. It is really quite simple. We allow it as long as it is not affecting the game play for both sides. Once it gets out of hand, we expect our admins to take some action to restore the balance. It is the admin's call as to when that point is reached.
5. Our admins volunteer their time to maintain the atmosphere we want on our server. We expect our guests to follow their direction and bring it to the forum if they have concerns, not press the issue in game.

I support whatever action FT and the BF admin community think is appropriate.

Tissueman
ukla
Repeat Visitor

Post by ukla »

Cool deal.

I don't mind playing elsewhere.

Cheers,
UKLA
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

Editted by Tissue
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
ukla
Repeat Visitor

Post by ukla »

Editted by Tissue

Wow. I was simply bowing out gracefully. Yet you shoot back snarky remarks ... the exact thing you preach against.

And my apologies to lil maus. I had no idea he was a child that couldn't speak English. I am pretty sure I didn't hurt his feelings ... maybe he will chime in.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Editted by Tissue
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

Editted by Tissue