Cancelling server

Topics related to Left for Dead 2.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Cancelling server

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

I've decided to cancel the L4D2 server. It is not being used as much as it used to (since Valve changed the way it connects from the lobby) and the weekly updates is becoming a pain to maintain.

sorry if this inconveniences anybody.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Re: Cancelling server

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I completely understand phantom, and I'm thankful that you've kept it for as long as you did. I've been busy with work and enjoying the nice weather so I'm sorry I haven't been around much these days. Once school starts back up ill be back to my normal gaming habits, I still miss zombie thursdays :(

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Thank you very much for hosting a server for the community.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

you rock phantom thanks very much for your support of our gaming community wish i had more time to play

thanks again for your support and time

mikey a.k.a. dater
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Thanks for all the fun and at least i know i was on the top scoreboard. :hah: :P

I'll still be playing, but it will be on whatever server is available. :D
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Glad everyone enjoyed it. I'll still be playing l4d2 and I'm sure I'll see you around corn. I always liked the server staying public but valve recently changed that choosing a game from the lobby would go to official dedicated and not to the community first. This has dropped my server ranking from 90 percentile to the 60's. And I have not had the time to put into it like I did. Will probably divert the funds I was using for this server to one of the bc2 servers (once I have paid for all the steam games I bought recently).
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

When fall/winter comes we'll have to get Zombie Thursdays started up again somehow. I miss those..but with summer and stuff I haven't been available.
ImageImage
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

Same here guys. I wont be around until it starts getting cold again haha. I enjoy the summer months wayyyy to much in Michigan to sit inside.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

To tell you the truth, I've been having a lot more fun playing mod campaigns with Corn than with Versus.

There's a map we downloaded (Diescraper as I recall) that lets you earn points for killing Zeds, and then spend them to get med packs, ammo, and cooler weapons. It's a rush to stand at a door with an M-60 and fill up the stairwell with Zombie gibs.