Busy week

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Busy week

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

Last Thursday we experienced a little earthquake. The epicenter was a couple of hundred miles to the east but it gave us a good shake. Pictures fell off the wall, a few glasses fell off the shelves and exploded and, of course, annoying people gathered to talk about it in excited voices. People were so busy trading earthquake stories nobody noticed the dark clouds move in and the wind pick up. In fact an entire town was so busy gossiping about their earthquake experiences that it failed to notice the tornado warnings. oops.

The tornado touched down in the industrial park, slid down King Street and made a hard left turn into the trailer park. That's right - the trailer park! We have one little mobile home park in the entire town and the tornado headed straight for it stomped around for a few minutes and left. I know it's a running joke about mobile homes and tornadoes but somehow it found ours. How did it know? I blame Google Earth!

Anyhow no one was seriously hurt but about half the town went without power for a couple of days. A few buildings were flattened but thanks to the recession nobody worked in them anymore. Check out the photos http://www.ctv.ca/gallery/html/ontario- ... ndex_.html
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: Busy week

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Wow. That is a bit of excitement. Glad you and the family are okay.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Crazy. And yes they are tornado magnets.

Now do us all a favor and stop having everyone in Ontario jump simultaneously just to see if you can make some buildings in Cleveland sway for a couple seconds. You've proven your point. We promise not to forget that Canada is there any longer. ;)
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

It seems Tornados thrive on sheet metal and power lines.
Thank goodness your okay! :D
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

Badger, I like your descriptions of what happened alot better than what they had actually reported in the news. ;D

I do think that trailer parks are tornado magnets, I remember a similar incident that occurred near my parents place when an F2 tornado found a trailer park I didn't even know was there in back in 2006. It also neatly landscaped most of the treetops obstructing the view of the trailer park from the highway. (Combermere, Ontario).
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
That way everyone in the country can get wasted drinking Responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Probably will annoy the government as well.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Wow your neighbourhood had a bit of a time of it there. Good to hear nobody seriously hurt though.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

[JiF]Djsmg wrote:Badger, I like your descriptions of what happened alot better than what they had actually reported in the news. ;D

I do think that trailer parks are tornado magnets, I remember a similar incident that occurred near my parents place when an F2 tornado found a trailer park I didn't even know was there in back in 2006. It also neatly landscaped most of the treetops obstructing the view of the trailer park from the highway. (Combermere, Ontario).
Combermere? My god its a small world. I stopped for a pee break in Barry's Bay just the other day while on my way to Ottawa. BTW - you are out of toilet paper. :lol:
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger wrote:
Combermere? My god its a small world. I stopped for a pee break in Barry's Bay just the other day while on my way to Ottawa. BTW - you are out of toilet paper. :lol:
Lol, I think when you get that far north in the middle of nowhere that you are supposed to be roughing it and toilet paper is not a necessity but a luxury. I hope that you found the leaves soft and that you avoided the reddish tinged three leaf plant found in abundance up there.

The next time I chat with the parents I will pass the observation along and maybe they can talk to a cousin who will talk with another cousin to see if they can rectify the problem.

I also think that just maybe that the locals find perverse pleasure in leaving the stalls not properly equipped for emergency roadside stops from tourists and watch for reactions from the tourists. It may also be a ploy to have repeat travellers help out the local economy by first stopping at the Metro (grocery store) to purchase some paper products to then use in the public restrooms thus bringing profit and reducing overhead costs in the area.
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
That way everyone in the country can get wasted drinking Responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Probably will annoy the government as well.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

[JiF]Djsmg wrote:...The next time I chat with the parents I will pass the observation along and maybe they can talk to a cousin who will talk with another cousin to...
Two cousins eh! are they by chance married? because I swore I heard banjo music as I drove away. ;D
Captain Zapp Brannigan