Xbox Softmod

A place to talk about XBox Console games in general
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Xbox Softmod

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Has anyone done this before? I have an old xbox (not 360) and I've read a bit online about softmodding it and putting a Media Center on it. It would be great for me to do this cuz then I can put one of my harddrives on it (it has to be softmodded to do that) with all my music on it (I have alot) and use it to play on my living room TV (it has some nice speakers connected to it). The only problem is I would have to buy a bunch of things to do this (action reply, memory card...etc.) and I don't want to spend a whole lotta money on it if I won't be using it for that much and also It might blow up in the process :o :hah: , so I'm trying to figure out the cheapest and easiest way to do this. More or less it's just sitting there so I might as well use it for something cool.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and has anyway suggestions/tips.

Cheers

P.S. There is a technique called "Hotswapping" where I would connect directly to the PC to put the media center on it but it looks kinda complicated and I'll have to look more into it as I don't want to blow up my PC as well. :think:
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"