Disappointed

Let us know how things are working out or if you have any suggestions or complaints
[JiF]Happy-Killmore
Forum User

Disappointed

Post by [JiF]Happy-Killmore »

:( I was playing Berlin Conquest tonight and was very disappointed in the game play of some very senior JiF members. The top axis player had over 60 points and the top allies player had maybe 20. The axis team was stacked with JiF members (about 4).

The axis team would not allow the allies to leave their uncapturable base. Now I really don't mind if some guys (non-JiFers) are camping, sometimes this is why they are not JiFers and there is a certain challange to getting out. But to have guys that I respect camping to the point were I didn't feel like finishing the map, really isn't what I think JiF is all about. I'm very sure that I'm not the only one who left the server after that game. One of the primary objectives of JiF members (especially administrators) is to keep the game play fun and help keep people on our server. This isn't going to happen with or senior members camping the crap out of a flag.

I just want to remind everyone what is written at the opening title to every map....

"Spawn attacks okay, if it gets stupid, back off or change teams"

I haven't been a JiFer for very long and I'm very proud of my tag. This is still the best server with the best players. Lets keep it that way and lead by example. Know when to back off or to suggest it to other players. I did comment to one of the guys, about camping, but I didn't press the issue (I was too busy trying to escape).

See you on the Battlefield
See ya on the Battlefield
HK

[JiF]Alfred Neumann
Forum User

Re: Disappointed

Post by [JiF]Alfred Neumann »

Hi Happy,

maybe a pm 2 the guys rocks?
[JiF]Happy-Killmore wrote:This is still the best server with the best players. Lets keep it that way and lead by example.
You´re 100% right!

4 the fun we must help that the sides stay even (not only with the humans also with the points. I remember a game we stay with 3 humans vs. 9 ! on wake coopmap - and we win, in the last minute, but we win. Fun 4 all 12 humans). The most fun by me is when 1 group become the winner at the last minute. (hopefully i was the winner, but this is another story ....) :lol:

Alfred
Sometimes you lose and sometimes win the others
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

The concept is quite simple. The problem is the execution. Our goal is to maintain a fun gaming experience. We can't always do that for everyone, but it is pretty obvious when camping has exceeded the "challenge of getting out of our main" and turned into a continuous "spawn and die cycle" for one team. In that case there are three options:

1. If the teams are unbalanced, enough JiF'ers should switched to the camped team to give them a chance.
2. The attacking team should back off and let the camped team re-group getting the game back on a more even keel.
3. An admin should simply end the map.

Any organization gets the fate it deserves. If JiF becomes a self-centered group of campers, then it ceases to be JiF-like and we won't attract the type of players we want on our server. JiF then disappears. It can be difficult to step back and assess the gaming environment in the heat of the moment, but that is what we expect of our members. I appreciate that this is a judgment call and we'll be constantly looking for the right moment to make the call, but it may be better to err on the side of initiating action too early as opposed to too late in this case.

So the challenge is quite simple: figure out how to keep the atmosphere JiF-like on our servers or figure out where you are going to play if you let our servers become just like the other places we try to avoid. JiF has demonstrated the ability to do this for many, many years. We can either continue to demonstrate this or we can't. It is that simple.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

I understand u Happy. But dont forget that some of the maps has that "character" of beeing uneven in the start but once u break out you have a big advantage. Berlin is the worst of these uneven maps, Omaha, and Husky is other examples.

It's very hard to act perfect in those maps when the "breaking out/in" team have a hard time. I guess the guys in this case had full focus letting no one out and forgot to check how many kills they made compared to the ones in the other team.

Your post is a good remainder so we all could do our best to act properly.

/rix