banned?

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
535cheetah
New User

banned?

Post by 535cheetah »

Please include the following info to this post so we can help you as fast as possible. An admin should respond shortly after you post. Please post after the "-->" and leave formatting in tact.

Player name you were using at time of Ban -->
*core* 535cheetah
Time and Date of Ban: -->

midnight easterntime friday/sat 23/24th of april

Description of what happened, and why you think you were banned:
-->
all the sudden it said i was kicked from the game, i tried to get back in a few times and it would load almost fully, then would get kicked again. so i do not know whether i kept getting kicked, was a server prob or was banned???

as for reasons... i said or typed nothing to anyone, did not tk anyone. the only thing i could think of was that 2 of your people were telling people to balance the teams (they were down 2 players on attacking side) and as they told the last guy on the leaderboard to move over i did not think to move, sine they were asking a certain player already..... this was in your battle field bad company 2 rush hardcore server.
my friend was also on my team, but he did not get kicked or have any problems....
i would just like to know why, if possible.

thanks

cheetah
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: banned?

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

the admin responsible for the ban will get back to you soon just be patient for a lil bit.

but just a guess u probably should rethink your name
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I was the banning admin.

You were banned on suspicion of cheating. You may be aware that there are a lot of cheaters in BC2, and many of the cheats they use are not detectable by punkbuster. We have unfortunately decided to ban people we suspect of cheating. I don't like taking this approach with BC2 but when I warn people first it can take a very mean turn, and I'm there play not argue. We try to keep our servers fair and fun for everyone and when someone has a kill/deaths score of 45/15 on a hardcore server, I can't help but question it. We are aware that some players are very good and don't deserve to be banned as they aren't cheating. Since we can only make a call based on our judgment and what others who are playing see, I made the call to ban you. This decision was based on your very high score and to be honest, your name. It seemed as though you were pronouncing that you were a cheater.

I'm happy to discuss this with you. What happens next really depends upon you response.
ImageImage
535cheetah
New User

Post by 535cheetah »

i understand ... i knew i was on a role :) but i didnt know i was doin that good lol .... not to sound like im all awesome at gaming or anything ... (i just have no life and play to many games) but i have been through this before on CSS to where i had to take demos of myself playing just so people wouldnt ban me. so i dunno is there a way to take demos on this game, and i could post them for ya.
i do not cheat and never will !!! i cant stand hax for a game really, it defeats the whole purpose of the game! as for my name ~ lmao i have used this name in every game i have ever played... bf 1942,2142 css , l4d , steam name , killing floor ........ etc my name comes from my fourwheeler .... i used to pro sand drag race and my four wheeler had a 535 CC cheetah engine in it, although some people relate it to the animal .. which is ok too.

soooo i dunno what else i could do or tell ya - besides a few demos, and to tell ya i dont cheat. im in a team, we practice, and play alot play out strats, i have over 200 hrs on bfbc2 so i wouldnt wanna get punkbuster kicked with that time spent on the game lol ... what a waste that would be....

side note: i do believe at the time i was banned i was recon, using the vss and c4 ... i use the vss like a enginee or assult rifle , and c4 to destroy the tanks - it s a great combo,works well (most of the time)

all that being said i guess its up to you guys now... have a good one

cheetah
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

We have someone in JiF that is incredibly good and if we didn't know him he'd be banned too! :) Just the fact that you showed up here and pleaded your case is a pretty good indication that you aren't cheating. Most cheaters will move on and not bother to try and get the ban lifted.

I will lift the ban, but if you are really dominating I would suggest playing some other class for a bit. :) Most of us are casual players and though we wouldn't consider ourselves sore losers the fun of the game evaporates quickly when you're getting pwned constantly. We want the game to be fun for everyone and losing every single time gets old quick. :)

We will be keeping our eye on you. I can't promise you won't be banned again by another admin but hopefully they will all read this and take it into account if that suspicion raises again.
ImageImage
535cheetah
New User

Post by 535cheetah »

thank you sir .... :hug: :pada: ya i hate getting owned over and over.... ill switch teams or try and change it up if something like this occurs again. or when you play just make sure your on cheetahs side hehehe lol ..... aight man thanks again .. see ya in game.