Play tips?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Gib

Re: Play tips?

Post by [JiF]Gib »

[JiF]Nagle wrote:...Doc is some kind of BFBC2 prodigy.....BTW, sorry if you caught me inadvertently swearing... thought I had ts3 set to push-to-talk, instead it was voice activated, so needless to say, things got broadcast that should not have.
Ya, it's a good think I am push to talk right now or Doc's ears would be burning :twisted: :lol:

Just teasin' Doc! ;)

Last night, I was gettin 3500-8200 points per round :viva: It helps being on Doc's side ;) That's several orders of magnitude! It sure makes for a fun time.

I got the body armor now and some better weapons and against most low ranked/ new players it's pretty easy and they drop in a few rounds. So I can see with this game, it's like a MMORPG with gear and levels, not pure skill as in 42'. Skill is still part of the game as is learning how to adapt to this game's required playstyle. I think I am hooked now because the night just flew by!
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

I was actually able to revive Doc from a dead tank last night. I jumped up on the burning tank and pulled him right out of the body of the tank it looked very odd. But wanted you all to know it is possible.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Good one Jimbo

Thanks for the tip, thats a real handy one to know
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Nothing Doc does, or has done to him, in BC2 would surprise me at this point.

I am starting to think that he is Chuck Norris' kid.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I trained him :)
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Damn you Grimp!
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Some Doc(Chuck Norris) isms:

* Doc once roundhouse kicked someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

* If you ask Doc what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds 'til." After you ask, "Two seconds 'til what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

* The quickest way to a man's heart is with Doc's knife.

* Doc can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

* Doc is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.

* Doc doesn't churn butter. He roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.

* Doc has two speeds: Walk and Kill

* When Doc was denied an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's because it was 10:35, he roundhouse kicked the store so hard it became a Wendy's

* The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Doc has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears

* Superman wears Doc pajamas

* By simply by pulling on both ends, Doc can stretch diamonds back into coal

* Contrary to popular belief, Doc, not the box jellyfish of northern Australia, is the most venomous creature on earth

heheh
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

The repair tool in the Engineer class is the quickest way to kill a vehicle at close range (except my mines hidden in rubble of course).
Make sure you stand/crouch at the side of the vehicle so you do not get run over (you are too close to be engaged by the guns, so safe from them)
Also be aware that the occupant may bail when it is nearly dead. You get an indicator exactly the same as if you are repairing the vehicle, but it works in reverse, to show it is occupied. If it disappears driver has exited so get your weapon ready.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I was trying to kill one with the wrench and nothing seemed to be happening then I noticed the engineer standing beside me repairing it, so I killed him :) Still by then someone decided I was a bad guy and killed me.

I had Doc dead last night while he was shooting someone else, but he would not die. I think he just eats the bullets or something.
I think he should be banned when not on my team.

Oh and one of the engineer sub machine guns that reports terrible accuracy, but high rate of fire is actually really good when coupled with the 4X zoom and accuracy add-ons thingies. I dunno what the gun is called P something I think. Without the add-ons it kinda sucks.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I always try to pick the gun with best combined Damage/Accuracy. Might have to give your tip a go Grimp see if fire rate makes much difference. You shot me enough times with that thing last night! :lol:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Ya it was absolutely useless without the add-ons, but with the fire rate and the add-ons it worked great. Even got some headshots with it. 15 rounds to the body and one by chance hit the head :) Runs out of ammo quick.
Then again a lot of players rave the M60 thingy the medic has. I can't hit a thing with it, but it kills me a lot.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:I always try to pick the gun with best combined Damage/Accuracy. Might have to give your tip a go Grimp see if fire rate makes much difference. You shot me enough times with that thing last night! :lol:
I've been trying both UZI and PP2000 with magnum ammo and 4x zoom. I prefer the UZI for some reason, it has a bit more damage than the PP2000. Either way they are both fun to use.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Playing sniper last night I found that the magnum rounds unlock was downing chaps with 1 hit no matter where you shot them.
I also managed a through & through double kill :D
2 bad looking dudes were running up the road towards me so from distance I shot the 1st & was amazed to see 2 names come up with a double kill. The lesson here his don't run in single file! :lol:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I may have been one of your double kills last night.
I have unlocked all the stuff for Engineer and Assault. I guess I need to work on the others, but I like Engineer and Assault.
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

PP-2000 is the next on the list for my engy. I didn't like the Uzi that much, because i like good accuracy.

And a couple of days ago i used the M60 LMG, on hardcore mode, 4x scope, Magnum Ammo. And i got a sniper with 1 shot in the head. I'm pretty sure he had full health - but i can't be completely sure.

Can the most weapons do a one-shot one-kill if they get a headshot on hardcore mode, or is that only possible with magnum ammo?
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫