Play tips?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Play tips?

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I tried the Uzi last night and it seemed as good as the PP.
Gotta have the aim and accuracy thingies on to make them usable.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I got the uzi and the pp2k now but I am not sure which one I like better. I guess i'll have to use them more to find out but then the last Eng. weapon will probably unlock by the time I decide :)

What is everyones favorite special unlock? Sounds like the thing to take for the eng. weapons is the 4x scope and for #2 slot, either the magnum ammo or the smg grip that improves accruaccy?

Sounds like like the magnum ammo is prefered over body armor, especially for snipers since as a sniper, your hard to find anyway right?

I seen to equip the body armor when assault or medic as it seems to make the most sense to me but should I consider something else?
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I seem to always use the same unlocks for every class, every once in awhile I will change it up though if I'm not doing so good.

I typically use magnum ammo over the body armor, I figure its hardcore mode anyway and would rather have a little extra punch behind my bullets. Sometimes with Engineer I use the explosives upgrade which is helpful when taking out a tank or two, it only takes two AT4 hits to take out a full tank. Other than that I usually always equip the 4x scope.

As for engineer class I usually use the UZI, but the PP2000 isn't bad. Both of them are good and have fast reloads. I would say the PP2000 is better of the two since it's clip holds more rounds but I just prefer the UZI. I just seem to always get headshots with those guns, no idea why.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I found some good tips and some of my own observations:

1. Dos uses this one alot: Assault class with the shotgun and you can have unlimited C4s by using the ammo crate over and over again. I don't know what level the c4 unlock come with assault. That combination is very deadly to vehicles and infantry. BTW, the USAS-12 Auto Shotgun is my new love :)

2. The C4 is not only good for blowing up tanks from behind, but it is also good for landmines as well. Plant C4 on a road that is often used by the opponents. Hide until a vehicle drives over it and boom! All Gone!

3. In times of heavy fire from the defender. A good thing to do, as the attacker, is to climb up into the attic in one of the houses and blow a hole in the ceiling to reach another house attic beside it. This is good for sneaking and is also amazing if you use the 1st tip I said to throw the C4 on the crate from the attic over and over again since you have unlimited ammo. There is one crate that is right below the attic hole with no ladder leading up to the attic so using this strategy is extremely helpful.

4. Use the ATV's as moving bombs. Plant C4's on the front of the ATV then get in it and drive towards an enemy tank. Right before crashing into it, get out of the ATV and detonate the C4. Bye bye tank. This is alsow known as the jeep jihad from 42 but now before doing it you must yell over TS, "LiLiLiLiLiLiLiLiLi! Die Infidel! Jiiiihaaaaaaad!"

5. I don't know if people know this or not, but the UAV does have a secondary fire if you've unlocked and equiped V Optics for the secondary weapons on vehicles.

6. Plant C4's on or around a crate right before you charge it. Charge it then hide until you see an enemy try to disarm it then BOOM!

7. The drill does harm enemy tanks in times of desperation.

8. Spot enemies for a limited amount of time by targeting their general direction and hitting the Q key. I found there is wiggle room and don't have to have your sights directly on them. I discovered this by 2 enemies in the distance both were spoted with 1 click since they were close to each other.

9. I am getting better spotting enemies. I found that planting my but in desnse foilage at the edge of a map and just observing using my peripheral vision has helped me get a sense for picking out small moves to enemies hiding in bushes. I remembered something about peripheral vision and movement so i googled it and low and behold:

"...At a few degrees away from it their density rises to a high value and spreads over a large area of the retina. These rods are responsible for night vision, our most sensitive motion detection, and our peripheral vision."

I've been trying to "stare" at the center of my screen, unlike playing in 42 where there's no cover, I would scan my monitor for enemies. In this game with the foliage cover, I found a greater need to depend on this kind of vision. Has anyone else experienced this?

10. Still learning how to "aim" the grenade launcher in hard core mode. Anyone have any tips on that? Im just doing it all by guesswork feel right now.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

For the alt-fire on the UAV it's the alt-fire (last) vehicle unlock, the v optic will just allow you to zoom in. This alt-fire works on tanks and the helicopters, if both the pilot and gunner have alt-fire you can use the tracer dart + hellfire missiles.

Those are some good tips though, they give a lot of insight on the game. It's a lot harder too see enemies in this game when camouflage is actually effective. I would recommend adjusting the field of view if you are using a wide screened monitor, it's like a night and day difference.

As for #10, it just takes practice. I feel like zooming in is useless and it just takes time to get use to the arc of the grenade when it's fired. Either way you can always drop an ammo pack and try again :D

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Ohhh, mother load of play tips here!:

http://www.focusedgaming.com/battlefiel ... ricks.html
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Through some fluke of the game I somehow snagged the "ace pin" in my last match of the night... I guess 'rank' isn't everything. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I'd have to say my favorite unlock so far is the M60 -- it has a ton of stopping power, even at long range (esp with the heavy barrel unlock). I went from Medic to Assault last night and couldn't believe how wimpy the AN94 seemed.

I also like the Magnum ammo -- it has greatly improved my ability to get Sniper kills.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

[JiF]Mike wrote:Through some fluke of the game I somehow snagged the "ace pin" in my last match of the night... I guess 'rank' isn't everything. :)
The sun shines on a dog's butt every now and then!

JUST KIDDING MIKE! :hah:

That actaully a nice job man!!

Rank helps alot buts not a gaurantee but you will notice as you rank up that the bigger the differnece in ranks between you and your target, the higher your chances of success, ceteris paribus. At least that's been my experience so far which makes sense, mainly due to better weapons ;)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

lol...yeah I was really surprised when I noticed I was #1. There were some over 30's and over 20 online. It was the dam map and I'm pretty familiar with that one...one of the few I am. I've also noticed a HUGE difference with the new mouse. The on-the-fly dpi settings are terrific for when I jump in a vehicle and need fast movement.
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I do the same thing with my mouse Mike. I just crank up the DPI and the turrets move super fast lol. I've also noticed it's somewhat easier to aim with a sniper rifle if you turn the DPI down a notch or two, at least for me it does.

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I have found that if you're playing Engineer the mines are the best option.
I have located strategic places to place mines on certain maps & the amount of double kills I am notching up! It can be 5 minutes after I have placed them, but all of a sudden it's a "come in to my parlour said the spider to the fly" the points suddenly start pinging up on the screen. :lol:
You get 30 for vehicle damage then 100 for vehicle destruction points for each kill & 50 points for a double. Kerching!! :D
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Haha not a bad idea Gav, but I don't know if I can get rid of my trusty AT4 :(

I will have to try them at least once though. You could always try rolling a sniper next and then shooting the mines when people get close haha.

[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I started using the mines too Gav. They are pretty cool :)

Placing them in the shallow water or beneath the very low wooden mini bridges that some maps have on them seems to work great(as I found out from getting my bradly blown up). Anywhere there's a lot of clutter on a street seems to work well too.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I'm gonna vote that PFC Doc not be allowed to use mines... ;D
ImageImage