Jiff site update

Let us know how things are working out or if you have any suggestions or complaints
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Jiff site update

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

I definitely appreciate the effort by Mike and Jimbo, but for whatever reason I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new format. Maybe it is the darker tones, the way the site is skewed to the right, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't seem that inviting anymore. It may just take a little longer, I am getting older...

One aspect that I really liked on the old site was the "View Active Topics" and it would bring up all the threads that were new, or had new posts that I hadn't yet read. I could quickly scan topics of interest, and if I was caught up, easily hit the "Mark All Read" button. Any chance we could get that functionality back?
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Jiff site update

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It did take some getting used to for me too, change is hard. :) I was very tired of the default forum theme and have wanted to change it for a long time! Hopefully you'll get use to it and enjoy it as much as I do now.

As for the link to new threads, there is a "View new posts" link at the top right that seems to do what you are talking about. If that's not what you mean let me know and I'll see what I can do.
ImageImage
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

just go in your settings and change it back. took me 10 minutes to figure out how to do it but the white and blue is just way better, that dark site was awfull.
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

im missing the quick reply thing. could you add it Mike?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

The old theme may not be available for much longer. I only left it active while some features weren't working. I can not maintain two themes. My intent is to deactivate the old one when all the features are active in the new one. I would suggest using the new theme unless there is something you really can't live without, and in that case please let me know.

Yes the quick reply will be back, I miss it too!
ImageImage
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

sorry to say that but in my opinion the new one is a pain in the butt its really hard to look at it for a longer period of time cause its so dark. also when there is a new post the small yellow button blicking is hard to see its just way better with white and red like now. i would by far prefer to stick with this one. and the new layout doenst fit my screen so a have to scroll to the right in order to see everything and that just suck.

i for sure will use the forum less with that new layout just cant have that dark screen after been at work for 9 hours i need something light and easy to look at.

just my 2 cents
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

That guy with the gun keeps on staring at me !! He scares me ! :o
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

I actually prefer the new site. It's prettier to my eyes and I like the banner at the top. Even the color scheme makes me happy :viva:
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I suppose there's really no reason to turn the old theme off. You'll have to let me know if something isn't working though cause I won't be checking it very often! :D
ImageImage
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

[JiF]CowHide wrote:That guy with the gun keeps on staring at me !! He scares me ! :o
if you keep staring at him he will open his mouth and suck your soul! (''evil laugh'') :evil:
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

ok thx mike ill let u know if anything gores wrong
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

:hah: I dreamt today that the quick reply was added! That mean that i looked at the jiff site update but the quick reply was gone! :lol:

sorry for the random and meaningless post. Just wanted to share it :)
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

I like the new theme better then the old one. I have a hard time seeing bright themes any more. All of my sites have dark themes so I can see what I'm doing.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]FrenchAfroman wrote:just go in your settings and change it back. took me 10 minutes to figure out how to do it but the white and blue is just way better, that dark site was awfull.
Please tell us where this can be done.

I hate the new color scheme, the white text on the dark background huts my old eyes.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

user control panel the board preference(3rd from the left) then board style change to silver instead of darkizsomething. and click save
Last edited by [JiF]FrenchAfroman on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.