Admin kicking

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Admin kicking

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

First off I haven't been banned but I think this is the right place for problems as well?
I was playing saturday night on your server lots of people on as usual.....map changes to Kursk and the admin who was on decides that everyone has to use only knives or zooks. After a few minutes of play it's obvious that people either dont want this or don't understand this rule......possibly because they can't read English?? So after a while the admin threatens to kick anyone who doesn't use knives or zooks. Then proceeds to kick at least 4 players for none compliance to this rule.After a while he decides ok just do what you want.
Now I'm thinking those guys that got kicked haven't got a clue why they got kicked.
My question is.......is this a normal thing for an admin to do???....if so I'll go along with whatever they want.....it's your server....but what happened to your sportsmanlike behaviour rule if this is going to happen.
I havent mentioned the admins name in this post as I don't want to start pointing the finger at people.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Admin kicking

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This does not sound like something JiF would do or approve of in general. The admins job is not to dictate the rules, the admins job is to enforce the rules as they are set by JiF. Having a match with knives and zooks only is fine if everyone on the server agrees and understands but players shouldn't necessarily be kicked. I would be interested to hear from the admin, either by post or pm. I'm not mad, I would just like to address this directly.
ImageImage
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

we do have younger admisn who learn by watching and i know that sometimes if i m on the server with 2-3 guys we sometimes agree on knive or zook fighting till more people come in. when then go back to normal cause its to hard to tel non regulars to do knive fights(did had amazing knive bajonett fights in CMM nights with regs only)
so i guess maybe a younger admin missunderstood why we sometimes do the knive fights.

for sure we cant do stuff like that anymore as we lost loads of regulars and have a bunch a new people playing now
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hey Geordie , thanks for bringing this to our attention , we appreciate the feedback. Rest assured that this will be looked into :)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

The admin involved stepped forward and I've spoken with them. I'm confident it won't happen again. Thank you for letting us know.
ImageImage
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Just FYI.
There are several people that enjoy using zooks and knives when it's late or the server is down to maybe 6 people.
I was on one day and there were several of us having fun and normally when people come on we ask them to use zooks and knives only and about 99% of the time people agree and stay for the fun.
It's not mandatory to use zooks or knives,it's just courtey to the others having fun.
Anytime we get players on that don't want it or refuse to cooperate then we just go back to regular game play.
That's all for this thread.