Sniping unlocks

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Sniping unlocks

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Am I right in assuming that the sniper rifles you unlock through recon progress are much better than the one you start with? I spent 25 minutes last night on a multiplayer map and never hit anyone, though I was picked off a few times by enemy snipers. I could see the guys on a hill but never was able to take them down.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Sniping unlocks

Post by [JiF]Mike »

The upgraded sniper rifles are quite a bit better than the first one. The one I have now is semi auto so I can just keep pulling the trigger. However I have seen a fully automatic silenced one as well. Was nice picking that one up off the dead body. ;)
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Jimbo was picking me off at long range & close range with the 3rd sniper rifle last night, until I learnt to hide.
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

I've used the first rifle all the time, but two days ago i unlocked the GOL. And i love it! Great accuracy.

I've never been a big fan of the semi-automatic sniper rifles, maybe because im not good with them.... ;)
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I just unlocked the svu and its not bad. Not all unlocks are necessarily better in stats, they just work better in different scenarios.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

The first sniper rifle is terrible I think. Having to lose your target to chamber a new round is a real disadvantage against someone with a fully automatic sniper rifle! At least with a semi auto you don't lose sight as easily. The semi auto is the second one.
ImageImage
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

Actually I've found ther is a seperate classifications in my world for the rifles, based on accuracy:

Automatics- VSS

Semi-Automatics- Type 88, SVU

Bolt Action- M24, SV98, GOL Magnum

And the best type, a class all it's own- M95

Everything that is the same classification works equally but the M95 stands away from the others
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Made a little sniper guide, hope this helps :) Bolt speed is how fast the gun reloads between shots

Bolt Action:
These snipers take 2 shots in normal mode for a kill (1 headshot) or 1 in hardcore mode. Although with the magnum ammo upgrade you can get 1 shot kills in normal mode within 40m

M24 - Good accuracy and damage slow bolt speed, 5 round magazine

SV98 - Lowest Accuracy and Damage (out of the bolt action snipers) medium bolt speed, 10 round magzine

GOL - Best accuracy and good damage, fastest bolt speed, 5 round magzine

M95 - Highest Damage, good accuracy, slowest bolt speed (The bullet drop is significantly less than the rest of the snipers)

Semi - Auto:
These rifles take 3-4 shots to kill in normal mode (2 headshots) or 2 shots in hardcore mode. Not sure with the magnum ammo

QBU88 and SVU - These rifles actually have the same damage and accuracy even though the stats say otherwise, SVU has a silencer and the scopes are diffrent between the two, both have 10 round magazine

Auto:
This rifle takes 4+ shots to kill in normal mode (2 headshots? not sure) and 2-4 in hardcore (1-2 headshots but not 100% positive)

VSS- Accuracy is good when fired semiauto, when firing automatic after 3-4 round it becomes very inaccurate
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

I actually love the M24.

Good accurate, perfect sights(better than the SV88)

I can remember i picked up a M95 from a knived solider at isla inconnentes. I aimed at the 1st base (the 2 first M-COM stations where destroyed) and found 2 snipers. I fired at the first one BUT WHY COULD HE HANDLE THE DAMAGE OF A SHOT IN THE TUMMY???!!! I fired 1 more shot and 1 one more and ALL OVER again. Does it means that i where really unlucky at that moment or does it means that i fired at a BIG NUMB HACKER? I fired at the other guy and POW he died at the 1st shot! The M95 should have almost the same scope as the M24

VSS, WOW my favorite in close combat! And i fire 2 shots at a guy at arica and He DIED! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: I equipped the VSS with a Red Dot and it was like a guy with the assualt class in ghillie suite!

I hate the Semi-auto snipers! Way too low damage and really unaccurate.

VSS=#1 GOL=#2 M95/M24=#3Yes i havent tried the M95 in a long time... T88/SVD=4 BOOOO!!! Image
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]Mike wrote: Having to lose your target to chamber a new round is a real disadvantage against someone with a fully automatic sniper rifle!
That is a lesson in hitting your target with the first shot there

Actually the M24 is a prettygood rifle once you get used to it. I still use it even though I have unlocked the semi-auto rifles
The M95 is usually a one shot kill but you can get a body armour upgrade unlock so maybe that was why the guy survived gnome
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

[JiF]zougathefist wrote:
[JiF]Mike wrote: Having to lose your target to chamber a new round is a real disadvantage against someone with a fully automatic sniper rifle!
you can get a body armour upgrade unlock so maybe that was why the guy survived gnome
Ok, I should aim for the head then! ;D <=------ :shoot:
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

haha..it's tough to hit a moving target. I'm getting better at it though. Need to find more time to play.... gonna get destroyed at the LAN party at this rate.
ImageImage