Metro 2033

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Metro 2033

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc2hhef-Nzo[/video]

This game looks really really interesting, like a mix of fallout and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I've seen some good press and comments about it, but just wondering if anyone around here has gotten a chance to see it in action. I'm rather reluctant to purchase games now before there is a demo after what happened with Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Anyways looks good and the video has the theme song from 28 days later so it looks EPIC!

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Metro 2033

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It does look interesting. However since THQ is involved I am very skeptical. The last couple of games I bought that were by THQ were just plain horrendous and I now avoid THQ games like the plague. lol
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

haha yea I agree. Especially since most PC game nowadays are console ports, I try to keep that in mind before buying games. I remember back when PC games took over the shelves at places like gamestop (mostly because the boxes were so BIG), not it seems that the tables have turned.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I think it's really sad. The best place to buy PC games now is BestBuy. I get it though... anyone can turn on a console. It can take considerably more work to get a game to work properly on a PC. This 'console generation' is going to be clueless when it comes to PC's, I learned so much from gaming on my pc.
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Yes it's very sad, and Best Buy doesn't have a good of a selection as they use to. I would say the best place is Steam but as a physical store I would agree with best buy and maybe gamestop.

I'm sure one day PC gaming and Console gaming will merge, like maybe having a sort of cloud gaming experience across all platforms. The issue with most people nowadays is how much maintenance and knowledge it takes to be up to par with the latest PC games, not to mention the cost. I guess the biggest factor for this comes from the developers of the games. PC games have always had the best graphics, however, when developing game I'm sure it's easier for consoles since the hardware is uniform.

In the end I will always be a PC gamer, I just can't play FPS games on consoles. The current state for PC gamers isn't great though, pirating has definitely taken its toll as well as consoles on game publishers. There are few solid PC releases nowadays due to all the console ports. I could see Steam being the future for PC gamers or a similar set up. I would like to see Microsoft incorporate these kinds of program into the OS more. That whole "games for windows" was B.S. and a waste of money/marketing if you ask me.

Who knows though, everything seems to change as the years go on. We might even see gaming on Macs take over seeing as Steam is starting to port their games to OSX.

-- Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:57 pm --

I got a chance to play this game on XBOX360 and it's pretty awesome. Super creepy and the graphics are great, interesting story as well.