How not to be a noob video.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

How not to be a noob video.

Post by [JiF]Mike »

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14[/video]
The language is a bit much on this video at times so be warned. It does however have some good tips, and info.
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: How not to be a noob video.

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

A couple more hints.

If Smuckers is playing you can stab him over and over again at the UAV controls as he seems fascinated by it.

Smuckers hates grenade launchers. I love it cause I suck at actually using a gun.

Those first two can bring you much joy when he whines about it.

Smuckers is sneaky. Watch your back.

Jimbo is a healing machine, but still won't spot enemies for you.

WATCH OUT FOR DOC, better yet join the team he is on. Somehow he can C4 you when you just respawn across the map from where he just killed you.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Oh I forgot to mention we had a great time on the JiF BFBC2 server last night with only a few players. Thanks to GnB for bringing it over :viva:
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

No need to thank us! It's great to finally see people other than EA and Myself on the server. I'm sad I missed last night, hopefully we can get the server filled again sometime this week (this time without reserved slots :D).

Maybe we will have to try Hardcore mode 8/

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Yeah, PFC Doc ... I was more than happy to be on his team. When I wasn't I spent a lot fo time at the respawn screen... I would spawn, and being the noob I am, while looking around to figure out where the heck I am, he would come knife, shoot or blow me up and I didn't even know where he was. It happened so many times. lol Take pity on us rank 1-2 guys Mr. Rank 32. :razz:

I do remember cheering very loudly on the one or two occasions I actually somehow killed him. :) It was funny, I lived a lot longer when he was on my team. lol I don't think I'll be jumping into a Helicopter with him again though. :P
ImageImage
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

Hey if you guys are getting together some time on BC2 let me know, I'd like to play a game with no tards :razz:
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Last night was the first time. I plan on playing again tonight, don't know about the others though. :)
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

If I can get away with it I will be on, but I am kind of a tard :)
Ya, Mike Doc is visiting and we were playing in the same room. We had lots of laughs.
I got to gloat the one or two times I caught him off guard and got to kill him.
So he got me hundreds of time, I got him at least two times :)
I actually asked him to leave me alone so I could go up on the roof and stab Smuckers on the UAV controls :D
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I was either gonna ask him to leave me alone or ban him..luckily he joined my team. ;)
ImageImage
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

One nice thing about the PC version is you can select which server you go into. Xbox just randomly does it :/

Sounds like you all had fun. Will have to get myself a PC copy and hop on after my comp is fixed. Someday, I'll find myself that power supply 8/
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I'm going to have to keep watching that video, as I seem to be a bullet magnet!
I did get my 1st knife kill & repair tool kill last night.
I think they put that UAV console in so players like me might get an easy kill every now & then.
At the minute I join servers randomly like Blind & of course there are players who must have all the upgrades already. So I just help them gain more points. On this point I find it a bad part of the game that more experienced player gets the helping hand against the noob.
Still I'm slowly upgrading & learning a few more things each time & it is a whole lot of fun.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

On the PS3 version you cannot get near the UAV guys because there is an out of bounds area that covers the spawn area of the attackers, though you can snipe into it if you are good - on Rush maps anyway (the only one I play atm)

I do have some helpful hints though - the first is kinda cheating but useful for advancing your rank
~ use the ammo box/med kit with a friend and keep deploying it, each time someone uses it - you get points
~ Likewise with the spot function (select on consloe) if you spot an enemy and a teammate kills them - you get points.
~ As a sniper use the motion sensor every chance you get, if you sense an enemy and someone kills them - you get points
~ Master the Helicopter, especially the Blackhawk, if you vcan get two gunners and find a good hover position where they can both hit targets, not only do you get squad kill assists but you get driver assists and spot assists if you spot the enemy as well
~ Once you unlock them, use the mines -on the PS3 they do not disappear at all I have gotten damage points, kill points and vehicle destruction points four or five lives after laying them my best score was when I killed a Bradley with 2 mines 30pts for damage, 100 for destroying the Veh. 100 for each player kill (x4) plus a massive multiplyer for the Quad kill - I think I got about 1800pts for two mines, also shot down 2 Blackhawks with RPGs on that map too :shoot:
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Like your first tip, I was playing around on the JiF server yesterday, trying out vehicles and exploring the maps. When the maps ended I got some points, and I was the only one playing. :shock: It's wasn't a lot, but it was something. I even got the pin for flag capturing, 200 points. I suspect this hole will be patched in the near future.

On another note I joined the server a few days ago and saw 3 people playing. I was excited and ran to the battle. I came across all 2 players dropping boxes, while the 3rd was shooting them. When they noticed me they bailed. lol... guess what they were doing. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

On PC version there are UAV consoles dotted around the different maps.
So on the map with the wrecked container ship on the seaward side second level is a console. Of course you stand there controlling the mini chopper calling in fire, but you are totally out in the open & unless you have a guard, are an easy kill for someone who has spotted that the UAV is up.

Hey Mike you mean I can jump on our server & go do a bit of stat padding. Cool! :lol:
I seem to remember someone talking about that sort of thing in BF2. There is not actually anyway of determining what is real play & what is stat padding as far as a server monitor goes.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Seems to give you points even if you are alone. I got points capping all the flags when the round ended.
For quite a while Jimbo, Doc and I were just messing around waiting for people to come and trying stuff out, yet we still got points and badges.