How not to be a noob video.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Re: How not to be a noob video.

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Yea as long as it's a ranked server you can get points for capping points and what not. Technically stat padding isn't illegal and it's not something Punk Busters can stop. If you check the stat boards you can tell who the stat padders are, I've just never seen the point in doing it...

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Yeah I was on for like 45 minutes messing around, and only got 400 points. Cool to get something but I wouldn't make a habit of it...boring.
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I agree, however there are of course people out there who think being on the top of the stat boards means something and resort to stat padding.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I'm really surprised this is possible. I seem to remember when they first started having these ranked servers there had to be at least 4 players before anything counted.
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

That's definitely something DICE should have added into the game to prevent this sort of thing... who knows maybe we will see an update to stop this. However, DICE is rather swamp with all the other issues at the moment.

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Makes no nevermind to me. I don't care much about stats.
In fact I am a bit annoyed by the fact that you have to play 12 hours a day to get weapons that players who do have already.
The fact that they play more usually makes them better anyway. They don't need a better weapon. Maybe the more you play the more they should take away until you only have a knife :evil:
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

haha I can see it now, bunch of lvl 50 guys running around with knives and grenades.

I wouldn't say that every gun you unlock is necessary an upgrade. Take for instance the XM8 and the f2000. Personally I still use the XM8 due to its accuracy, but there are certain times that call for the f2000. Every unlock has it's use, just have to know when to use it.