Left for Dead 2 PC version: $29.99 at newegg.com

Topics related to Left for Dead 2.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Left for Dead 2 PC version: $29.99 at newegg.com

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I'd love to tell Steam about that price and have them match it. Wonder if there's a place to do that. Here's the link:

ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Re: Left for Dead 2 PC version: $29.99 at newegg.com

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

That's a great price for a great game! Doubt they would match it tho :(

Every once in awhile they have sales so it should be coming down soon. Sometimes its pretty sad how fast games come down in price. I pre-ordered Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for $50, about two weeks ago it was on-sale in Steam, %75 off, for $7.49..... made me sick haha

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

Yeah I really doubt that they will price match it, but $29.99 is a damn good price. Glad ya bought the game Mike. Hopefully you will join us for Zombie Thursdays.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I love the game so far. But I've been playing the campaign in single player to learn the maps a bit. Zombie thursdays sounds fun. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered it and hope to see you all on Zombie Night as [JiF]Uncle Stinky.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Awesome! Can't wait... I've been a little busy this week but I always make time for zombie thursdays :D

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

Haha yeah I agree. Zombie Thursdays is an obligation lol.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Left for Dead 2 is now on sale via Steam... for $25. ;( Sale ends tomorrow, so if you were thinking about getting it...grab it!
ImageImage
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

Mike, that really sucks that you just paid full price for it haha, you definitely got screwed. But that is an awesome price, buy it everyone!!
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Yeah I'm fighting with Steam now to get something back. I bought 2 copies at full price like 2-3 days before this sale. I also bought 2 copies of Bad Company 2 in the same time frame..I've spent quite a bit. They're first response was basically a big middle finger. My response to that was that this would be the last time I ever buy something off Steam if they couldn't help me out in some way. Most stores will honor a sale price if something goes on sale so soon after you buy it. I've spent a lot of money with them over the years, if this is how they treat their customers then I have no interest in being one of their customers anymore. I'd be happy with a store credit, their response was not what I expected from them.
ImageImage
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

in teh UK we have a law that states if something is on sale in a shop (store :P ) and it is out of stock when you try to buy it then the shop is obligated to sell it to you at the sale price if you return after the sale and it is back at the normal price - you do have to get a voucher/coupon at teh time of teh original attempt though - this usually works in reverse where you buy something and it goes on sale the next day - is there no right of return with Steam? like a 28day cooling off period? did you pay with your credit card? there are international right of return laws that cover items purchased with a CC
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I really don't know about returns via Steam, my guess is probably not. They have the terms and agreements and I probably read it way back when I first started using Steam, but that was years ago. My first message to them had a reply within a few hours, my last reply has not received a response. They will probably just ignore me. :/
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Returns through steam usually only get processed if it was a pre-order. Steam usually avoids returns because in the end they get charged a fee for doing so by the publisher. However seeing that its a valve game It's kind of B.S. that they are treating you like this, also at the same time you could have gone through newegg and could have gotten a better deal.

In any case you might have better luck contacting your credit card company, maybe they can process the return and force valve to as well. Anyways good luck, I hope they honor the sale price.

[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I think i will order it today through newegg.
I do have Left for Dead and got bored with it,it got too predictable.
Hopefully they have improved on some of the maps.

-- 24 Mar 2010 15:51 --

I think i will order it today through newegg.
I do have Left for Dead and got bored with it,it got too predictable.
Hopefully they have improved on some of the maps.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Trust me corn, l4d2 feels like a new game. New weapons, maps, and game modes. I've completely stopped playing l4d once i got the 2nd.

Steam has it for $25 but sometimes it's nice to have a physical copy :D