I got it but!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

I got it but!

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I've got serious graphic issues
I have a 1gb graphics card but keep getting big display problems even with running the graphics at just about the lowest settings.
Starting to get seriously annoyed at this game already.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: I got it but!

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Send it back, buy a PS3 and come play me :viva:
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Mentat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Mentat »

Check your power supply. Might not be the card...
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I had to a get a new, and fairly recent, graphics driver for my nVidia card in order to get it to display properly. Once installed, the problems went away.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Well the graphics probs were only in single player mode.
Once I got in to multiplayer there were no bad graphics at all.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Why kind of Card do you have? I'm only running a nVidia 9800 GTX+ and I haven't had any real issues with drivers or anything, just wish my card was dx11 :(

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Nvidia GeForce GT230M the card has up to 2.8gb with at least 1gb dedicated.

Problem with the drivers is that it is fitted in a HP laptop & you can only update when HP decide they are going to do an update. This is due to extra features on the laptop which it handles.
So Nvidia could release as many upgrades as they like & I am stuck with the October 2009 driver which came with the machine. :mad:
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

What extra features are there? I've installed the reference drivers from nvidia on my laptops in the past thinking something wouldn't work right after, but I noticed no difference in the general operation of the laptop. It may be worth trying, you can always go back to the older HP driver if you need too.
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Unfortunately it will not let me do that.
I downloaded the current driver from Nvidia site, but it came up with the message that it could not find the corresponding drivers (or something like that) on the system. I have googled it & others have had the same experience with different manufacturer.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I just ran into the same problem as you! Trying to install the latest ATI drivers for my Dell laptop and it just won't update. I found a site that has a huge user base with these same problems. The site has a tool that modify's the reference drivers so they can be installed. They have an NVidia version of the tool too! Here's a link: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/nvmodtool.php I'm going to try the ATI tool now, I'll let you know how I make out. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Well the tool did not work for me in the end, something about the newest drivers. I did however find info on their forums that allowed me to update to the March 2, 2010 drivers. Heck of a lot better than the August 09 ones I was running. I played a bit of BC2 last night and things did seem smoother. Was worth the time! :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I tried the tool & it did not work either, BUT

I had a notification of new drivers from Nvidia yesterday, so I downloaded it & gave it another shot just installing their new driver & it worked. The tool did something to the existing driver which fooled the new one into thinking it was OK to do.

Played last night & all my graphics issues have disappeared.

Can't blame that on getting owned so many times now. Have to switch to my high ping excuse next. :lol:

Thanks for your help Mike. I'm just about to go on the HP forums & post the question as to why they can not be bothered to look after their customers & update drivers.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It's really amazing how much better the game works after updating my drivers. Laptop manufacturers need to realize that their customers need the latest drivers when it comes to graphic cards. They have tied the hands of ATI/NVidia requiring they not have native support for the laptops in reference drivers. ATI releases new drivers every month! I understand that Dell and HP probably don't have the resources to keep up with every new release, but 7 months with no update is just wrong. If they allow the customer to choose (omg I said the customer choose) to use the reference drivers and risk having certain things not work right, then old drivers isn't an issue. I have not noticed any difference in the operation of my laptop, except things working better. I'd think Dell would support that! :shoot:
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Looking at the forums, HP have been having a lot of problems with the Geforce GT230M & BSOD & other display problems for some time now.
They seem unwilling to address the problems, not updating the display drivers regularly, cause.
My next task is to fiddle with the settings in game to get the best display I can without losing playability.