How to Survive in BC2

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

How to Survive in BC2

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

OK, I'm starting this thread because I am being beaten like a rented mule so far in BC2 multiplayer. Scores like 0-9 are all too common.

Any tips on how you manage to actually see -- and kill - an opponent without first being killed would be appreciated!
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: How to Survive in BC2

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I got the game last night and spent the night dead :shoot:
Not sure I like the game play yet or not.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Is this the PC version you are talking about?

I would suggest 2 things
play single player to learn the layouts of the maps and improve your weapon skills - note that your found and earned weapons do not transfer from SP to MP - so use the basic weps first to get good!

Play, play and play again - make full use of teh squad spawn feature - if you get with an experienced player then follow their lead. Also try being a sniper/recon for a while, this means you can sit back and observer the battle, watch tactics and look for enemy spawn points
The UAV is also really good for this as you get a nice high viewpoint - it allows you to view the whole battle from any angle and helps you to spot hidden enemies
The UAV can also be used to demolish buildings onto M-Com stations, hit all the corners of the bulding then smash the roof in and bury the ***** :shoot: :shoot: 8/
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

I recommend you be a recon and find a abonded place thats hard to see you. Or hide in a bush and dont move any muscles. Wait for an enemy to bypass you without noticing you AND KNIFE HIM :shoot: Or be as a Medic with the HEAVY BABY!
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

So you can play the multiplayer maps in single player? I'll have to try that.

I love the game's atmosphere and graphics. And the SP player campaign is fun, with some of the commetns outright hilarious (like when the guy asks, "With all due respect, do you think Aguire is African-American?" Sarge's response almost had me falling out of my chair lauighing.).

I've tried sniping several times, but it seem like another sniper always finds me in 3 seconds and takes me out.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Is punkbuster or something like it running on the servers. The game play you and Jimbo are describing here rings of hackers to me as I find it rather impossible that so many people could be that good already since release. I could be wrong, maybe there's somehthing like in BF2 that is showing your location from a UAV overfly?
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

I played on a team and always knew where people were, because we had a guy post up with his sniper rifle and spot people all day long. He got assist points for it and we rocked that round =)
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

\on \ps3 and the same in BF1943 if you shoot an opponent and wound him, he will show up on your teammates minimap. same with vehicles, if you see it it stays on your map no matter where it goes
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

that is complete and utter crap. what a way to wreck a game! Vehicles don't factor into the game then if they are permanenetly spoted on the mini map. that would be a hack in any other game so EA in their infinite wisdom deciced to build the hacks in on this one eh? lol wow, too bad.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Well for starters when playing in non-hardcore servers always press "Q" to spot your targets (PC) or its the "back/select" button for consoles. This lights up an orange triangle above the enemy's head that all your teammates can see, this explains why recon is so deadly even if your hiding. You can do this when using the UAV so it's always good to keep your enemy spotted, plus you get like 20 points if someone else kills them. Also spawning on your squadmates is always a good idea, they are usually more willing to help you out if your in a bind, unlike some clueless players that just run and gun.

I've always enjoyed medic as a starting class and assault. Medic is great because you can basically do nothing but drop med packs and defib and get a bunch of points, also on RUSH maps its great for assault team because it reduces the amount of tickets being chewed up by death. Assault is good because you always have ammo, and the 40mm grenade is a beast.

In any case practice always makes perfect, and single player on normal is a good start, plus the story is appealing and funny. But im done ranting, just my $0.02.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Just finished a round of rush on Isla Inocentes. I used sniper only. Was on the same spot all the time, killed 8 guys, got 1290 score, but when i runned out of ammo, i took my pistol into the fight and died :(

The worst thing is that there were a couple enemy snipers that camped next to me, and they didn't see me. They were about 2 meters away from me.
I knifed one of them and took a headshot with my sniper on the other. The one i knifed came back to the same spot he was when i killed him, and he still didn't see me!
And then they stpped caring. :lol:
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫