What's with Vietnam?

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

What's with Vietnam?

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Yesterday, out of curiosity, I bought and installed BF Vietnam.
Being impulsive, I thought I'd just throw myself in the deep end, by skipping any tutorial or single player game, and going straight onto an online server.
I joined a CQ server which had about 20 players on it, and presently started firing my first shots.

To cut a long story short, by the time the map ended I was in first place, with the most kills and caps. The first time I'd ever played it, online or offline!!
At first I thought I'd joined a server with 20 newbies or something, so I joined another server, but with exactly the same result. Way out in front with the most kills again! I just applied my BF42 gamestyle to this game and I anniahilated everybody.

Compared to BF42, this game seemed so easy! It felt like all I had to do was point in an opponents general direction and pull the trigger, and down he'd go.

Have all the choppers in this game made all the players lazy, or what is the deal on BFV? I noticed there are a lot more Hueys than there are jeeps in BF42, and everybody was flying one, firing rockets wildly at the ground. They're easy to shoot down too with an assault weapon or zook, so people were constantly bailing out of them, and they seemed bewildered at the idea of having to shoot it out with me on the ground.
Was I breaking a rule here by shooting people on the ground, or does this game with it's low skill requirements, make it's regulars susceptible to skilled BF42 players who decide to do a tour in Vietnam lol?

My impression of BF Vietnam is that it feels like a kid's version of BF42.
[JiF]philippe
Forum User

Re: What's with Vietnam?

Post by [JiF]philippe »

Hi Wt
i have never try BFV and now i know that i'm not going to try this one.... :lol:

Personnally i think that we have a good level of game, this morning i have tryed to play on another server Humpen and dumpen if i remenber (nobody on our), and i have had a good surprise that i was not the last one :viva: . i was during 3 party the second ! and some one was not a beginner.
I think that my skill increase each days that i play with jiffers because we have good players in our clan, and it's always a pleasure to play with you :shoot:

See u Wt
Bye every body !
:papa:

Philippe
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

I got BC2 on the 5th of friday. IT was TOO easy! Lookks like BF1942 gave me some skills, or im just killing CoD MW2 players and newbies! But it's a "lobby" thingy thats puts your ranking and skill level on a server with guys with the same ranking and skill level(sometimes it dosen't. I played against some guys at levels as high as 15 and 26! ).
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

I've got vietnam have played it quite a lot, and the most annoying thing probably has to be snipers, the graphics in the game ar not to great, which makes the snipers cammo even more effective, I can never find them, and out of nowhere when im runnin around bang im dead. Heli's are a pain too. They're easy to fly and esy to zook. LOL other day i was playin and i was alone in a big field and one after another hueys flew in and each one got zooked, but yea thayt game is too easy for any BF42 veterans
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Can't stand the Head Bobbing!! :mad:
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I love BFV and played on the JiF server when it was up.
I think the bots were way better than BF42 bots.
Choppers are fun :viva:
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

I love the way you can listen to music you add. And you can shot as a passenger! :shoot: :shock:
Last edited by Gnome-father on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]WinkyDeathKill
Forum User

Post by [JiF]WinkyDeathKill »

Hey WT,

You said-
"Was I breaking a rule here by shooting people on the ground, or does this game with its low skill requirements, make it's regulars susceptible to skilled BF42 players who decide to do a tour in Vietnam lol?"

What is really happening here is that you are playing us! All this time you have been a level 33 master at BF42, with no peer, and have occasionally played dead or noobish to confuse us.

I know I am personally shocked at such behavior and will now go out of my way to kill you first whenever I see you, that is IF you let me.

Deception of such high gaming skill levels is unacceptable and repercussions are coming!

"You tell them I'm coming, and Hell is coming with me!"
Wyatt Erp From the movie Tombstone
The Winky
Medic
Forum User

Post by Medic »

[JiF]Pvt. Harrick wrote:I've got vietnam have played it quite a lot, and the most annoying thing probably has to be snipers, the graphics in the game ar not to great, which makes the snipers cammo even more effective, I can never find them, and out of nowhere when im runnin around bang im dead. Heli's are a pain too. They're easy to fly and esy to zook. LOL other day i was playin and i was alone in a big field and one after another hueys flew in and each one got zooked, but yea thayt game is too easy for any BF42 veterans
+1

It's easier than Battlefield 1942.

BFV is a fun game, but I prefer Battlefield 1942.