BF2 Itself

Topics about EA's Battlefield 2 game
[JiF] General WarHawk
Game Admin

BF2 Itself

Post by [JiF] General WarHawk »

I am unfamiliar with Battlefield 2, having been at first stuck not being able to play anything, and now not willing to part with a dollar, unless I can see some net utility in it.

Just what is Battlefield 2 and how does it compare to say BF1942 or Vietnam?
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Re: BF2 Itself

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

It's much faster then 1942 with more interesting stuff. With unlockable weapons, nearly every map getting owned by whoever can steal the aircraft first, and artillery raining from the sky...it can be a pain to play, especially if you're used to the speed of 1942. I personally prefer 2142 because the classes are a bit more streamlined, the speed was reduced from 2, and the air superiority is not as vastly overwhelming. The best part is that in Titan mode, you have about 3 different ways to win.

If you want something loose, fast, and all about one side dominating the other, 2 is the way to go =)
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I play BF2, but generally on co-op servers.
The graphics are better, you get to choose your weapon in each class.
You improve your soldiers rank the more points you accumulate. There are badges medals & ribbons to be won too. These depend on completeing certain specified tasks, such as 10 knife kills in a round or 5 minutes in a helicopter in a round.
I feel it is much more of a team game than BF1942.
Having said that see my post in Tech Talk as I run W7 & play BF1942.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I may have to load up my BF2 game and go play with you Gav.
I used to play on servers that had infantry maps only, because the air power totally ruined the game.
BF2 left me with a bad impression and i never bought 2142.
Last edited by [JiF]corn on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Yes corn I have experienced the complete air domination on servers & found it not to be a good experience.
It's why I play coop where you can get the vehicles off the bots every time & can actually move around the maps.
I haven't tried conq since I upgraded my machine so may find it a bit better as I can actually see as far as every one else now.