JiF Eurozone convention

Want to get together to have some fun? No this is not a dating forum, but Lan Parties, Paintball, Cookouts, etc.

Which month would you prefer for our European clan gathering?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:06 pm

June
No votes
July
20%
August
20%
September
50%
October
10%

Total votes: 10

[JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE
Forum User

Re: JiF Eurozone convention

Post by [JiF]Sgt. hUTCHIE »

I'd be up for this.

It's nice to put a face to a player. Last year I met up with War Trophy and Alfred whilst on holiday for a few beers.

I have a fair bit of kit that I bring if there is a LAN gaming part (switch, cables, spare laptop etc).

You will find with the cheap flights that the total return cost tends to be around £60 including the airport taxes and everything else they don't tell you about. Driving is an option depending on where we meet up - be aware that we will use most of a day to get from Folkstone to Southern Germany.

Zouga - Maybe your Jif Draft papers have just arrived for an overseas posting? - or the government has reintroduced National Service.

hUTCHIE.
Image Try a drop of the hard stuff....
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

hUTCHIE

I've been watching too many episodes of Top Gear with Clarkson zipping round the roads of Europe racing May & hamster. I fancy doing the same although I won't be racing anyone.

Shell If you are working in London we could have a pre-meet meet up!! I'm only 30 miles west from there with good rail links close by, so I could pop up to town sometime.

So far England & Holland seem to be on board. Waiting for more response from the German contingent.

However so far so good I think. I will continue to drive this forward :hah:

-- Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:01 am --

[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

is i said as the first responder i m in, dont really care where ill just ake the train and get where ever we meet
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Sounds like a good plan Gav , I hope to find out about the London project next week. :)
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Depending on when this is, I may even show face! Highly unlikely, but a possibility!

I'm considering a Europe trip this year, and I may time it to coincide with this (since it would've been arbitrary), but only if this is sometime during the later half of the year or summer, which I bet it won't be. :(
Don't consider me even going. I'll just be a surprise if it happens.. ;)
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

Having a JiF Europe meeting would be great. I'd really love to see some of you guys in person. Frenchy's opinion is mine basically, just tell me when and where. I just got that certain little problem that I can't go anywhere and do anything I want at the moment. Most of my weekends are free, however. So maybe I can join the party then. ;)

Kyle
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Just an update on this.
Some behind the scenes discussions are taking place, but I think we have agreed that Cologne (Koln) is the most likely destination.
By road from Calais/Coquelles it's a 260 mile/ 417km drive apparently 4 hours. By air, well who knows, depends which set of staff are on strike at the time.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

for me it should be june or july
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

I voted August but September should be fine.
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I am erring in the direction of September due to work committments at the moment.
Please keep adding your thoughts!
[JiF]Alfred Neumann
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Alfred Neumann »

September is a good month and the location .... hmmm .... england is fine, netherland is fine too. np here or there. Maybe netherland is fine ´couse i get there the Albert Heijn nice "koffiepads" .... best ever guys.
Sometimes you lose and sometimes win the others
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

way to go with the thread bumb Alf - this poll is from last year.

Would still be a good idea - any other takers?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Yes, the fact that I broke my leg rather scuppered any plans I had last year. In fact whilst starting this reply I realised that it is exactly a year today that it happened.
Guess what I am going to be doing this evening!
Yep I'm playing football. Oh er!!! :shock:
If there is still an interest from people for some kind of old boys reunion then I would be up for a replan of this for later in the year.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

should we look into an online reunion first - perhaps another crunchy/creamy scrim....???
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Der Basilisk
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Der Basilisk »

Sorry for responsing so late, but i´ve been off for a while. But back soon to shoot some heads. :P

I think it´s a great idea and i´m quite free with my time so far except for the last weekend in june and september. And Cologne is fine with me too, since i live only about an hour away from it. And it´s possible, that i´ll bring Der Hesse along with me.

So lets see what happens. :evil: