JiF Eurozone convention

Want to get together to have some fun? No this is not a dating forum, but Lan Parties, Paintball, Cookouts, etc.

Which month would you prefer for our European clan gathering?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:06 pm

June
No votes
July
20%
August
20%
September
50%
October
10%

Total votes: 10

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

JiF Eurozone convention

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Reading about these LAN parties & get togethers that we Europeans can never get to I have had it mind for a while to suggest that we should try to organise a get together sometime.
I was thinking of a weekend meet up somewhere in central Europe, so probably Germany would be best (especially as I can get flights for about £8)!
Just thought I would throw this idea out there to see what initial response/interest there was.
This would be open to any regulars too, not just JiF members.
I can picture a clan gathering (no that does not mean we have to wear kilts) with specially produced clothing & a good chance for photos & to actually meet all our friends that we spend so long with.
Over to you lot :D
Last edited by [JiF]Lt Gav on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Re: JiF Eurozone convention

Post by Gnome-father »

If i could travel to germany without my mom and dad this would be great. But mom and dad will never let me travel to germany for just have a party :( And i dosent have enough money for a to-return ticket...pherhaps i could meet you guys when im and my family is in the country the party is going on ;)
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Yup........need to go with my parent to do that.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

i m in. germany or the netherlands would be good. i heard that trophy was offering to have us all stay at his place:-)
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I'm up for it but would welcome suggestions as to how I convince the wife it is a good idea...
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

tell her thats for ur job.
or maybe tell her ur going to meet an old girlfriend of yours thats u used to date back in high school, she is about to get married and wanted to see u again and talk with u before she took the big step. and we u come back and tell her that u just meet some internet friends from battlefield she wont think it was that bad :lol: :)
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Say that it was 50% off on Peanut butter in germany :D
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

lol guys nice excuses - keep em coming
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hmm tell us more about these £8 flights Gav :mrgreen:
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Hey what a splendid idea Gav! What about Koln (Cologne) in South East Germany, The reason I say that is because it's pretty close to a central point where several countries borders come together - Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Luxembourg. And it's not that great a hike from the UK if you use Belgium or The Netherlands as a landing point if driving.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

When are we thinking of doing this as a rough timeframe. I have a job interview soon that will mean PROMOTION (maybe!) the job will involve travelling to the EU in Brussells regularly from about April/May
plus I am going to Biscarosse in Septeber and La Palma in March

wow look at ZougatheJetSetter
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I figure we get a preference for timing of when we can maximise the number of people that can make it.
Shell Ryanair do really cheap flights, just looked at their site & they are doing flights for £5 at the minute.
Driving could be an option though. I fancy thrashing my car through a bit of Europe :D & I could stock up on cheap european purchases, which you can't if you fly Ryanair as it's extra to take hold luggage.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Yes the driving option has benefits , I may be starting a project in London soon so I will be half way there. Regarding a suitable location I can certainly recommend being somewhere near Overloon (close to Holland/ German border) there is a fantastic museum there it's huge lots of WW2 vehicles etc situated on the actual battlefield of Overloon. There are also som egreat places to stay where we could enjoy a beer or two. Here is a link to the Overloon site (Liberty park) http://www.oorlogsmuseum-overloon.nl/in ... =en&p=info
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

Dang, Europeans get all the fun :sad: :P
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

only the adults! :)