Hogan banned

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
HOGAN
New User

Hogan banned

Post by HOGAN »

Please include the following info to this post so we can help you as fast as possible. An admin should respond shortly after you post. Please post after the "-->" and leave formatting in tact.

Player name you were using at time of Ban -->

Time and Date of Ban: -->

Description of what happened, and why you think you were banned:
-->{JiG}Hogan 2010

February 10th, 2010

I accidentally teamkilled. It was an honest mistake. The round had just started and I mixed up my team. I have been playing on this server for 6 years and always play fairly and try to be a good sport.
Can it be reversed please?
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: Hogan banned

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

The admin who banned you is Flying Tiger and it will be his decision regarding the lifting of the ban. I'm sure that he will be in touch soon.

Sgt Shellshocked
Last edited by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]Flying Tiger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Flying Tiger »

Hogan,

As of right now you are indefinitely suspended pending review of the incidents at hand by JiF staff and Council.
I will inform you of any decisions agreed upon by the collective at a near future date.

Regards,

[JiF]Flying Tiger

-- Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:31 pm --

Hogan,

After convening with other JiF staff members I have decided to place a 3 day ban for the TK which took place 02/10/10 in hopes of getting you to be more aware of your surroundings in the future.
I also want to mention that we here at JiF do not approve of the use of the JiF tag without expressed consent/permission, I discovered this mishap while trying to best figure a logical solution to yesterdays misgivings.

I have two conditions contingent to the ban being rescinded:

1. No more unauthorized use of the JiF tag.
2. Check your mini map frequently, so as to avoid another incident.

If you can accept/agree to these terms the ban will be removed 02/13/10.

Please Acknowledge!

[JiF]Flying Tiger
HOGAN
New User

Post by HOGAN »

Hello Flying Tiger
I appreciate your understanding on this. I agree to your conditions.
Thank you
Hogan

-- Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 pm --

Hello all
I also wish to claim for the record that the tag I used was {JiG} not (JiF). I would never use that tag without authorization. Also I apologized immediately to Flying Tiger for the accidental team kill.
Just wanted to get that out there lol.
Looking forward to playing this weekend.
Hogan
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Hogan
A couple things I would like to add. This will not reflect on this ban but could save you from future bans.
You have played on the server for some time and I have enjoyed gaming with you but one thing I have noticed is how often you stay in the other teams home uncap. While this is allowed on the JiF server, and I even do it now and then, continuously throughout a match gets tiresome. Try taking some flags now and then. Just my two cents worth.
The second thing is some comments from you and others about wanting to join JiF.
It is not impossible to do; they let me in didn’t they?  Seriously though if this is something that you want to do making a tag like {JiG} and coming on the server to annoy players is not the way to do it. The only way to join is to participate on the forums and let people get to know you. One thing that also helps a lot but is not necessary is to get Team Speak and join on TS while in a game. It really opens the game up for you and adds another level of fun while letting people get to know you. After all JiF is a group of people that above all just like to have fun!
I look forward to see you on the server this weekend.
Mike
[JiF]Mentat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Mentat »

Please don't post in these threads unless you are dealing with the infraction/ban and resolution thereof. Such extraneous information and opinions, however well intended, are better suited to PM's or separate threads.
TOOKIE GOODNITE
Forum User

Post by TOOKIE GOODNITE »

A player named "Hogan" has tk'ed me on purpose & without warrant several times in our own main on your server. He has team wounded me countless times for beating him to a plane too. I have complained a couple of times in game about it, but nothing was done.