PAX East 2010 (3/26 - 3/28)

Want to get together to have some fun? No this is not a dating forum, but Lan Parties, Paintball, Cookouts, etc.
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

PAX East 2010 (3/26 - 3/28)

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

If you don't know what PAX is, it's the Penny Arcade Expo, and has essentially turned into "E3 for the public". It used to be hosted in Washington State every year, but this year it's coming to Boston!
Wikipedia wrote:The first PAX East Coast is scheduled for March 26 to March 28, 2010 at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
PAX wrote:What is PAX East?
PAX East is a three-day game festival for tabletop, videogame, and PC gamers. We call it a festival because in addition to dedicated tournaments and freeplay areas we've got nerdcore concerts, panel discussions, and an exhibitor hall filled with booths displaying the latest from top game publishers and developers. Even with all this amazing content the best part of PAX East is hanging out with other people who know their Blah when it comes to games.

How much does PAX East cost?
The three-day pre-registration rate is $50, which is a $5 discount from the at-the-door price. Details and the pre-registration link can be found here. We'll be mailing pre-reg badges the second week of March 2010, so when you register, make sure to think ahead when you enter your mailing address.

Your PAX East badge is all-access, and is good for all events, concerts, parties, panels, and freeplay areas. Only "sealed deck" tournaments, which require new physical product in order to be played, will have any sort of additional fee. You don't have to buy "tickets" for individual activities. Just show up and enjoy the whole festival!
http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/index.php

They also have a BYOC LAN, hosted through Intel LANFest:
PAX wrote:PAX East BYOC LAN

At long last, the wait for PAX East BYOC seating is finally over. PAX BYOC is a 300 person lan party - you programmer types might think of it as nested gaming goodness! You've got the lan party inside of a 660 computer pc room (including a huge freeplay section), all inside the huge gaming festival that is PAX.

Add to that a various assortment of BYOC exclusive contests and mini-tournaments to compete in to win swag and you've got the makings for a darn good time. We typically don't announce a full listing of the activities until fairly close to the event...but I'm pretty optimistic that something will strike your fancy.

If you have any questions, check out the FAQ, the PAX forum, or you can email us at pax_pc@penny-arcade.com.

Time & Dates

* Friday, 3/26: 2:00pm - 2:00am
* Saturday, 3/27: 10:00am - 2:00am
* Sunday, 3/28: 10:00am - 6:00pm

Note: Friday and Saturday night after 2:00am, the room will be locked up with your computers for safe keeping until the next morning.
http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&vi ... entid=1384

Vokyous and I already got a 3-Day pass for the PAX event, and are considering the LAN party. If you're going to the event, or if interested in the LAN party, post! :D
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: PAX East 2010 (3/26 - 3/28)

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

man i wish i lived in the states, all we have here in stuttgart germany is like 30 people playing in the gym after me talking to the principal and some city council for like 3 weeks
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

The smail LAN parties are some times the best ones.
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

They sold out of 3-Day passes a couple days after I posted this (what you need for the BYOC event), so unless you decide to volunteer, or if you bought one before I posted, you will not be able to go.

If anyone picked up a pass, but hasn't posted yet, let it be known! It'll hard to be find unknowns in the mess of 65,000 people :)