VGA Cooler

Speaks for itself
[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

VGA Cooler

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

Hi Guys................I own a Radeon 4870 and its one hot SOB. I'm tring to find the best VGA cooler for this card, if anyone has this or a 4850 and knows my pain please let me know what solotions you have found for these cards,

Thank BG
Last edited by [JiF]BloodGod on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We all have our time to die.....yours just happens to be now

Gnome-father
Forum User

Re: VGA Cooler

Post by Gnome-father »

I have AGP Sapire radeon HD 3650 512mb DDr2. BUT i already have a cooler. It was "built-in" and i dunno where you can find one. Try use the vacum cleaner or a cooling fan ;D
pissboy[LPANE]
Forum User

Post by pissboy[LPANE] »

How many slots do you have? I have a pair of 4890s and they have the same issues. A couple of notes - you WILL want the VRM cooler for that card. I use the VRM-R1 on one card and the VRM-R2 on the other, it really all depends on where you have space. for the lower GPU I use the Thermalright T-rad2, and I see idle temps in the mid 30's and on the other I have the thermalright HR-03 GT facing up. The HR-03GT is fanless, but it is pretty much inside of my cpu heatsink, so it is getting cooling. Funny, I managed to get it all into a MATX case. :)

The T-rad2 with fans will take up 2 slots plus one for the card, so expect to lose 3 slots with it. The same is true with the HR-03GT, but if you can face it up and the cpu heatsink isn't huge like mine, it might be a better bet. They both came with heatsinks for the memory, but honestly its the VRM you need to worry about.

Both cards are much quieter and cooler now that I went with aftermarket cooling. If you have a watercooling loop in place you might want to look at the new line of cheap full card coolers from Swiftech, EK, and I forget the other brand.

Zalman also makes a VRM cooler for this card, but I don't remember which GPU cooler they make for it.
Last edited by pissboy[LPANE] on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Hey Blood,

If you haven't thought of this already, keeping your computer box open is a temp solution that might help a bit.

Cheers
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

just drill a hole in ur freezer and place ur computer inside, that should do the trick
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]CowHide wrote:Hey Blood,

If you haven't thought of this already, keeping your computer box open is a temp solution that might help a bit.

Cheers
This is a very Temporary solution as it exposes the insides of your comp to Dust and other contaminants like spilled beer etc...
try this instead
http://www.bestechcs.com/weasel.htm
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Yes that is similar to the idea I was thinking of.
BUT mine involved pouring yourself a large alcoholic drink filled with ice. Then run a straw through the computer next to the VGA card & terminating in the drink.
Whilst gaming make sure you keep taking large draws on your drink to heat exchange your system.
Don't forget when you fail to get liquid you must top the system up again! Although this could become increasingly more difficult to do. When you can no longer find the cup to fill or run out of drink, it is then time to stop playing.
[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFLMAO

-- Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:23 am --

Thanks Pissboy, I was looking at the Rad2, seems like the way to go right now untill I go full water cooling. :D
We all have our time to die.....yours just happens to be now