Help! Something BAD happend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaks for itself
Gnome-father
Forum User

Help! Something BAD happend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Gnome-father »

I was Compressing the files and started playing. It was laggy so i rebooted the computer AND THEN IT SAYS: ATI DRIVER NOT INSTALLED. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHATS THE REASON? I TRY TO FIND THE DRIVERS. But i cant find it! someone who can help me find the drivers? The model is Sapphire Raedon AGP 3600 HD DDR2 512 mg. HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP! :viva:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: Help! Something BAD happend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Gnome -
do you have the Catalyst Control Centre for ATI graphics cards? This will automatically keep your drivers up to date.
You have a number of options
you can get the required drivers from here
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
or here
Link
you can download catalyst from here
http://ati.amd.com/products/catalyst/index.html

However these are only sticking plasters to the wound, they will not solve the underlying problem of why they disappeared/failed
What is your system running? Vista, XP or 7?
I know that when i had a Vista computer and an Radeon Card it would crash regularly and I would often have to reinstall the drivers (once or twice a week!)
You can uninstall Catalyst if you are already using it as I believe it has issues with the way Vista works, but you would then be relying on Windows to manage your graphics
To access Device Manager, use any of the following methods:
• Click Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc.
• Right-click My Computer, click Manage, and then click Device Manager.
• Right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.

In Device manager, navigate to Display Adaptors, expand the list, select the graphics card then Right Click
You should always uninstall the previous driver first (this may require a restart) close the Device manager
Now re-open Device manager and navigate to the card as before, this time select Update Driver and let it search automatically (allow access to the internet)
If you need to restart then you should write this down (in fact - write it down before you do anything else - then close IE or whatever you are using before starting.
Once the driver is uninstalled you may have to restart, if this is the case then your computer should automatically find the graphics card when it re-boots, this will open a 'Found New Hardware' wizard and you can manually update the driver.

Alternatively if you did not delete Catalyst then use that to update the card - its really easy - select the card from the Catalyst homepage and click the 'Update driver' Button.

If none of this works then take your computer into the garden and balace it on a pedestal, then spread Birdseed on top and -Hey Presto - you have a new Bird Feeder and all of your neighbours will be jealous.
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]philippe
Forum User

Post by [JiF]philippe »

Ho! divine Goodness Zouga you're engineer PC :faint:

Philippe
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

i found the driver cd installer, so it wasnt the big disaster, but...TY ZOUGA!!!! I WILL FOLOW THE(i have done it)INSTRUCTION!!!

BTW, using my computer as a bird feeder :hah:
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

With the amount of decommissioned machines I have piled up in an office here I am thinking I could go in to the novelty bird table market.
I'll let you know when I am a millionaire Zouga! Pity you didn't patent the idea 1st. :twisted:
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Ok, theres still one problem left, but its not serius. The shadow behind the letters on top of that window thing is RED, not Black! I mean its not dark voilet. because the search links on google is RED! Someone who knows THis?