Nor'easter 2010

Want to get together to have some fun? No this is not a dating forum, but Lan Parties, Paintball, Cookouts, etc.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Nor'easter 2010

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&su ... entid=1383

Come play, eat crap, have fun :)
This year I plan on at least one venture out for a beer and food at a local resturant :) Probably Saturday night.
I do not plan on spending the night. I am just too old for that, but will see what happens :)

I am waiting to hear if Smuckers, Step, and Jimbo will come. Doc is a maybe right now.

BTW if you do pay and can't go don't feel bad as the proceeds do go to a worth while cause.
pissboy[LPANE]
Forum User

Post by pissboy[LPANE] »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&su ... entid=1383

Come play, eat crap, have fun :)
This year I plan on at least one venture out for a beer and food at a local resturant :) Probably Saturday night.
I do not plan on spending the night. I am just too old for that, but will see what happens :)

I am waiting to hear if Smuckers, Step, and Jimbo will come. Doc is a maybe right now.

BTW if you do pay and can't go don't feel bad as the proceeds do go to a worth while cause.
If you want, link up with the BDU guys, we usually go out a few times to eat (and drink).
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Well please look me up when you do!
On a side note I purchased a new bike helmet today!
Broke out the bike (comfort hybrid - I don't mountain bike anymore) and my helmet was too moldy from being in the basement. Your story made it a prority :)
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Hoorah! This shall be fun! :D

Grimp will (may) get a kick out of the rig I'm gonna be bringing, mostly because I lack a decent one right now to begin with.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Run out and get a new one quick :)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Anyone else going? I don't want to just have Doc beating me up all day long.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

As luck would have it, there is room for you near us :D
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Unfortunately it looks like I'm not going. The vet bill I just had to pay for my dog took all the money I had set aside for the LAN and then some. ;( Maybe next year... I really wanted to go! It's also the weekend of my sons Prom...so he wasn't going anyway.
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

That's to bad. Don't think BFBC2 is gonna be there :( We will find something to play ;)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Well Gamers,
It's time to get ready for an awesome LAN Party!

We've received swag and prizes from IZ3D, Microsoft, ThermalTake, CoolIT, Crucial, DustOff, Monster and most importantly Intel has sent over some rocking processors and motherboards!

While we will make every attempt to keep all equipment in the room secure, do be aware that there is little we can do to prevent ipods, portable game consoles, cd's, big wads of cash, and other small items from walking off. We strongly suggest you keep such items out of plain view and use some common sense when it comes to your own security.

If you're coming with a laptop, we strongly recommend you invest in a laptop lock particularly if you plan on leaving your laptop unaccompanied at any point.

As we've mentioned previously, we have a limited amount of items for sale that will help you out in case you forget something critical.
Network Cables, laptop locks (buy or rent), power cords, mice....
Check out the LPANE Store at http://www.boslan.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and stop by the Help Desk at the event to purchase anything you need.

One of our junior staff members created a printable checklist to help ease your worries about forgetting something, http://bit.ly/aSD31F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Some of the items on the checklist:

Reserve a seat
Print your Ticket from the LANFest site (this will make check-in faster for you!) Update your Antivirus (You better have an antivirus installed!) Update Steam and put it in Offline mode Personal Hygiene Products (Deodorant, Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste...)

Computer & Display/Monitor
Headphones (speakers are not allowed at all during the event) Games (You are responsible to bring the Game CD/DVD that you intend to
play.) - (Game CD`s will not be provided.) Power & Video Cables Mouse, Keyboard & Joystick (don’t forget your mouse pad & Joystick is optional) Network cable 25ft or longer Signed Waiver (For those under 18 that are planning to attend Intel LAN Fest Nor`Easter you will need to have your legal guardian complete and sign the event waiver and bring this with you when you check in the day of the event. If you do not have this you will not be allowed
in.) – We will try and provide waivers to sign at the door but it would be best to bring them with you.

Waiver Link: http://lanfest.intel.com/files/file/Lan ... Waiver.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Photo ID to confirm your identity
PayPal confirmation (shouldn’t need this but good to have just in case especially if you pay late!) Update Steam and put it in Offline mode

*NOTE* Due to power restrictions, no UPS devices will be allowed into the event. If you have one, you will have to remove it.

Also Check out the Lanfest Forums for the latest Information!!!

http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=forum&id=327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Directions to:
99 Fordham Road
Wilmington, MA 01887

Update Steam and put it in Offline mode

Directions to anything else you may need - Hotel, Supermarket, Restaurant

We'll see you on Saturday morning, but please be sensitive to our neighbors (no really, the houses behind the trees) that are still sleeping when you'll be in line!

--noxin
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I'm so bummed I can't go. :( Hope you guys have tons of fun though! Get lots of pictures!
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I will probably win another $1200.00 Intel processor because you are not gonna be there to win it ;)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I never win that kinda stuff anyway. :) Nice try though!
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

A JiF member always wins something there. Really everytime :)
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

Well I wont make it this year as we are still fighting with workman's comp insurance on the settlement. Our attorney isn't sure how long its going to take but he is hoping for a good settlement for us. So maybe next year for me cause we shouldn't have to many bills after we get the settlement cause we will be paying off the house, Explorer and truck out of it.

Take pics and win me something. :mrgreen:
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.