Server mode/mod change schedule

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Coop/CQ Schedule

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Before anything is done in BFRM at all you should close and open it again. Also check the server status graphic on the website and see what the servers name is. If the name says CQ then that is the current cycle regardless of what map may be running at the time you are looking. I have been checking the logs the last few days and it has worked exactly as it has supposed to work.

Regular admins can not restart the server, this permission is given to very few people.
ImageImage
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Mike , the point that Gib is making is that although the server is displaying CQ mode and the BF42 application is showing the name for CQ , the actual maps that are in the rotation are all coop. It appears that the name change is happening as planned but the actual map list is not following suit.
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

You need to make sure that you have closed BFRM and re-opened it if you were in it during the switch-over.
Could this explain what you saw Gib?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It's really not possible for the name to change without the rotation changing as well. The system that changes the name also changes the rotation in one action. If you are seeing the coop rotation in BFRM even though the name has changed I would close BFRM and reconnect it again to make sure it syncs with the actual server settings. I believe that is the problem here.
ImageImage
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Mike, I'm talking about running not BFRM but the actual battlefield game. I updated the game and refreshed the bf42 server lists and it shows JiF CQ I then start a brand new session of BFRM and look at the map list after refreshing for good measure and they are all checked for the coop rotation.

Is it possible that say an admin had cleared all the CQ checkboxes then set a bunch of Coops and then done a save?
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I am not sure on the BFRM, I never checked...all I know is that when I get on around 5:30-6pm Central Time that we should be on all Conquest maps but over the last month or so, we are in CO-OP maps and have to set each map before the round is up (for a conquest map) so that it doesnt go to the next CO-OP map.

Mike, Since your last 2 modifications, this is still not working as intented so I was wondering if the daily/multi crash causes this? This bad programming by EA/Dice not your fault as every BF42 server I've played on crashes regularly ;)

Another idea, what about making the Training server or other one the co-op, and the main conquest?? Just a thought if this can't be made to work reliably. I was just thinking that in case this can't be solved..?

Way to many people complaining about CO-OP ever time I get on so this needs to fixed soon or set to conquest as it seems a lot of used to be server requlars seem to have stopped comming on altogether or have greatly reduced their play time on the server. Maybe it's just cooincidence, but I doubt it. My interests here are the for what is best for our main. What do you think is the best thing to do here Mike?

Gib
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

What puzzles me about this problem is that as Gib rightly says BF 1942 servers are notorious for crashing and always have been, yet this changeover problem has only started to occur over the past month. So what has changed ? certainly not BF 1942 it still crashes as it always has done. As I have posted before , it is possible for a regular admin to tick checkboxes in BFRM for a bunch of maps and then hit the save button. This would result in a new rotation based on what had been ticked regardless as to what time of day or server name is displayed. Could this be the reason for losing synch?

I don't think it would be a good idea to have the training server as coop only, this could split up our playing community which I'm sure none of us would want. If the changeover method is unreliable then it's probably best to go with Gibs original solution and abandon it altogether and have permanent conquest maps. If we have few users on then admins will just have to set coops manualy. :)
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Shell has a good point that this only started happening the last month or 2. Hey Mike, is there any auditing done to a log file anywhere to see if anyone set the maps to all conquest and clicked Save? Maybe we are looking at the wrong thing??
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

This is quite hard to diagnose cause every time I look at it, it's running as it should! lol

I've been randomly checking it throughout the day and every time i have checked it the map cycle was as it should be. Though, I've only been doing this since I last made some changes. I suppose the best thing we can do here is if you see a coop cycle -when it's supposed to cq, send me an email. My contact info is in the admins forum, I'll add my cell number so you can text me. Hopefully I'll be able to connect and check it out a little further.

I checked the logs and no one has been messing with the map cycle itself.
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Please see first post for updated schedule.
ImageImage
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote:How can a regular admin reboot the server though?
Sheer force of will?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: Server mode/mod change schedule

Zouga the who? No sorry, I don't remember him :)
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote:Zouga the who? No sorry, I don't remember him :)
Some British guy who is too busy decorating the nursery to play games with the boys! :D
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Oh right, I know who you mean now , the holiday scam voting guy , gotcha :shh:
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Today 8/24/10 at just before 12:00 Noon EDT, the server warned us it was going to reset in 3 min, then 1 min, them boom! it was like a crash.
Previously(last week) at 1:00PM EDT, it would warn us and then after the map ended, it would reset the rotation to conquest.
I guess this is something Mike had to implement.

Anyway, the server is empty now and will probably remain so for the next 3-4 hours.
The exception to this is when the idle map (Husky coop) lures in players only to empty again when the succeeding map reverts to a conquest map.

The server would remain populated a lot longer if we could move the reset from coop to conquest back 3-4 hours

What does everyone think?