Crazy Teamkill

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Crazy Teamkill

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Gib tk'd me on Mimoyeques with a tank while i was in a plane, BUUT it was a bit far away:

It says "[JiF]Gib killed a teammate."
"[JiF]Cesar is no more."

Sorry for bad quality. I could only save it as a .aaf or .veg file, but then i couldnt upload it on youtube. So i had to render it to a .mpg file. I tried .avi, but that was really bad. And i also tried to download some File converters, but they couldnt read the .aaf or .veg files.
If you have any tips on how to not lose the quality or if you have a link to a converter that CAN convert those files, please post.
Last edited by [JiF]Cesar on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: Crazy Teamkill

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

pretty cool Cesar, thats a one in a million shot
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hey Cesar it's Gib and with Gib anything is possible ;D
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

u see those aa burst at the beginnig, that was me and the guy getting shoot while sitting in the aa thats me again, and i was wondering how cesar got teamkilled and now i know thats just crazy, thats probably the farthest shoot i ve ever seen and u caught it on frraps
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

lol, N1 Gib
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

LOL, I was blindly shooting from the tank on the pad there where the 2nd plane spawns to see if it's possible to shoot that far to the allied base and BLAM! Ceaser is no more. I was freaked out and so was Ceaser. He was like, "what just happened?!" I think we were both a bit shocked. That's probably the craziest shot I've made yet, to bad it had to be a tk :(.

Gib
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Yeah, that was crazy!
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Didn't think the tank shell had that sort of range. Just make sure you aren't pixel aiming though, since it would be considered a semi-hackish sorta thing to do. Since people will probably ask, pixle aiming is where you set up a tank or arty in a particular spot, aim at say a cloud or other object that doesn't move, and know that the shell will land right on a certain spot.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

From where that shell hit him Gib was missing by a mile anyway. Talk about random!
ukla
Repeat Visitor

Post by ukla »

Pixel aiming? Interesting.

I must say, that is probably the most interesting TK I have ever seen. How could a shell have made it that far? I don't get it.

Crazy ... just crazy.

Super video!
Medic
Forum User

Post by Medic »

Things like that happen...but not very often. Maybe you had 1 chance on 1,000,000 to team kill him like that. :pada:
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

I would not have thought that pixel aiming would be a hack. I mean isn't it simply called zeroing in your arty?
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I wasn't but cloud spotting is a tactic like any other not a hack. Just random shelling, freaky deaky.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

But what happens when the clouds move across the sky? :lol:
How would you ever know if you hit the right area? Only if by chance you hit someone on the ground or you had someone on the ground spotting for you. Given the distance on that shot a fraction out & a shell would miss by miles. It's like switching from a pool table to a full sized snooker table. A shot that rattles the pocket & drops on the smaller table misses by a long way when scaled up on to the larger table.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

What's noteworthy from all of this, is that good players like Gib are never idle, they are always occupied doing something useful whether it be manning AA guns , simply observing to call out enemy positions or shooting into the sky. :)