Survival of the mod.

Topics about Battlegroup 42.
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Survival of the mod.

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

How many BG servers are still active out there, apart from JiF's? Does anyone have a rough idea?
It seems the mod is dying out as fast as it began. Is it because load times were excruciatingly slow on the average players computer with laggy maps, or because there's just not enough support for a new mod this late in the game? (pardon the pun of the expression lol)

I still enjoy BG, but never see enough players on the server to enjoy a few rounds with. I reckon every now and then, like on a Friday night or Saturday, when there's a number of Jiffers on the Pot Luck server, we should try coax everyone onto the BG server and have an admin run some of the better map for a couple of hours.
I'm not trying to re-populate the BG server, just wanna have a bit of fun with the guys on BG. :shoot:

:papa: WT
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: Survival of the mod.

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

I think that the MOB conquest server does quite well on Sundays , they have 30+ players. One of the problems that I think we have on our BG server is that it's set to coop. I have played many many hours of lonesome coop on our BG server and I got fed up of it. I love the mod I have been fortunate enough to play it with about 10 Jiffers / regulars and really enjoyed it. There are some great conquest maps on BG that are not available on the coop mode. I am going to try to entice people onto the server by setting a few conquest maps and sitting there waiting for people to join. As we speak I'm sat alone on the Remagen Bridge conquest map waiting for someone to join. This is a terrific map that utilises both sides of the river and even has planes on it. :)
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

I would join you guys but my computer isn't powerful enough for the BG game. I haven't tried but I don't meet the min specs, I've only got 9250 ATI, 2.5 ghz and 768 memory. :( Even BF Vietnam and EoD is too much for my computer to handle.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Well we all know what you need for Christmas then Cowhide :D
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I've been wanting to play BG but there's never anyone on. I also don't want to suggest going over to it from our normal server since we want to keep that populated so it's a catch 22 for me :/. I see our normal server doing well last month so i of course like to play where theres lots of players so I keep going into our normal server.

Would it be possible to have the BG server/training maps/custom maps all on the BG42/Training server then those of us who admin could set up a map rotation for a special night/day of whatever. Full customization of map rotation by us regular admins and not having to have it "set" by Mike or others et el...? That way if we wanted to set a particular map rotation on there, we could.

Maybe I'm just talking out my ...?

Gib
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Gib, You really need to play on the BG server.
Those guys on the regular server would not miss your bombing runs. :hah: :D :razz:
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Good idea Corn and it is sometimes possible to shhot Gib down on BG if you have an 88mm Flak gun and provided Gib hasn't destroyed it beforehand. :D
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

My dream would come true if i could shoot down Gib with a Defgun in BG.....:D
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

as shell said the MOB guys are meeting every Sunday and Wednesday(wednesday isnt as populated as sundays) its like their CMM for BG42 ive played many times there with 30+ people,(to all the americans do not wine about the ping or so cause the server is in germany, thats the ping us europeans have everyday playing on jiff and we are still around')
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

I am going to play BG42 at the weekend. Thats when i am at Grandma and Grandpa!

P.S. My name is Gnome-father is not home.. when i am at G&G
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

best server to play is MOB but itsonly full on sunday night every other time of the week its completly empty
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I miss BG42 and will try to get on Sunday.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Yeh I miss it too. It was great when we had ten or so Jiffers/regulars playing , I hope that we can get the numbers up again. :)
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]War Trophy wrote:I still enjoy BG, but never see enough players on the server to enjoy a few rounds with. I reckon every now and then, like on a Friday night or Saturday, when there's a number of Jiffers on the Pot Luck server, we should try coax everyone onto the BG server and have an admin run some of the better map for a couple of hours.
I'm not trying to re-populate the BG server, just wanna have a bit of fun with the guys on BG.
I agree, lets try it out now and then.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Ok we meet on...which server? MOB or jif? I will play it with you guys. I promise(if that Flashget works) Btw, whats the best map?