Boresight say Hello

Please introduce yourself here after you have joined the forum so we know your not a bot. Thanks! Once you have introduced yourself your permissions will be upgraded.
Boresight
New User

Boresight say Hello

Post by Boresight »

:papa:
Hello all,
My name is Daniel, I'm a french Canadian living in a small town 30 miles south.
I'm 50 years old :razz: but still like to play games. My favorites are BF1942 of course, Silent Hunter II and Sniper Elite.
I also play acoustic guitare and like to play tennis a lot in the summer.
I'm a regular player of BF on the WakeClan server, I even came 4th in the stats.
I started to play on your server for a couple of months now and the more I play with you, the more I like to come (no bad thinking there :oops: )
I've been in the army as a fire control technician and I've made a tour in the Middle-East in the early 1980's.
I've been working for the military for 32 years now and still love it.
I'm a serious player, and like to repair things, and work as a team!

Looking foward to battle with or against you guys!

See you in the front.
Always remember your weapon was made by the lowest bidder!
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Re: Boresight say Hello

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Hey Boresight!

Welcome to the forum! :D
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Ho Boresight,

welcome to the forums, glad you like the server

our philosophy is Just in Fun and we try to keep the atmosphere as friendly and open a possible.

You share age and interests with lots of us here so make yourself at home

ZtF
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hi Boresight , welcome to the forums I look forward to reading your posts. I have seen you on the battlefield already and have enjoyed gaming with you. :)
Boresight
New User

Post by Boresight »

[JiF]Cesar wrote:Hey Boresight!

Welcome to the forum! :D
Hey Ceaser, I remember playing with you. Nice. Only 12, lucky you, the future is your's.

From Norway, great. This is the kind of thing that impresses me, playing with people around the world. It is a small planet when you think of that!

Please to meet you SIR :)

-- Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:04 am --
[JiF]zougathefist wrote:Ho Boresight,

welcome to the forums, glad you like the server

our philosophy is Just in Fun and we try to keep the atmosphere as friendly and open a possible.

You share age and interests with lots of us here so make yourself at home

ZtF
Thanks for welcoming me :viva:

My salute to the United Kingdom :papa:
Your philosophy is mine, looking foward to play with you ;)

-- Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:14 am --
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote:Hi Boresight , welcome to the forums I look forward to reading your posts. I have seen you on the battlefield already and have enjoyed gaming with you. :)
Hi shellshoked.
It's an original name. i remember seeing you also, your a fine player!

How long have you been playing BF ?

I don't know too much about you, there is no detail in your profile, so whatever you are, it is a pleasure to meet you!
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Hiya Boresight

Welcome to our world!
We had another Canadian forces chap called Staticline amongst our midst a while back. He seems to have gone awol recently, but usually that's due to being out in the field.
Good that you enjoy our server. See you on the field again soon.
Boresight
New User

Post by Boresight »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:Hiya Boresight

Welcome to our world!
We had another Canadian forces chap called Staticline amongst our midst a while back. He seems to have gone awol recently, but usually that's due to being out in the field.
Good that you enjoy our server. See you on the field again soon.
Hi Gav, nice to meet you British fellow :papa:

First I have to apology for yesterday take, I grenade you in the middle of action ;(

It was the second time during that map, first, I tooke a friend tank and an imediat vote for kicking me out showed-up.
I whent-out of the server myself. Wasn't a good evening for me :(

It is not in my habit to be like the american's, fast on the switch :shoot:

This vote window is very neet! Is it a add-on that we can install? And who can have this?
I don't know how this works, I'm a newbe in this regard.

I have to explore your web site and see what I can download, I will try installing your voice chat add-on so I would be able to talk while playing even if english is not my mother thong!

By the way, I'm not the only old fart around :mrgreen:

Nice to meet you Lt. Gav, I've had the chance to play with you and your a fine player!

See you in battle ;)
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Thanks for the compliments Boresight :oops: You must have caught me having one of my rare good days! :lol: I am an even older fart I am 56 and I am based in the UK and have been playing BF for nearly 2 yrs now. We have some really good players as you have probably already found but more important is the fun spirit in which they play which makes our server so special :viva: I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield and hearing you on TS (when Mrs Shellshocked lets me have the mic because I always wake up the household) See you soon :)
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

You don't have to worry about accidental team kills.
As long as you say sorry straight after people are OK with it. It's a part of the game, we all do it, toss a grenade & someone from your team suddenly appears on the scene to get blown up :hah:

It would be good if you could get on Team Speak. We get a few regulars on most nights, some like FrenchAfroman are not native English speakers but do just fine.
Boresight
New User

Post by Boresight »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:You don't have to worry about accidental team kills.
As long as you say sorry straight after people are OK with it. It's a part of the game, we all do it, toss a grenade & someone from your team suddenly appears on the scene to get blown up :hah:

It would be good if you could get on Team Speak. We get a few regulars on most nights, some like FrenchAfroman are not native English speakers but do just fine.
Thanks Gav. I downloaded team speak and will install it this evening. I'm at work now, it's 11:40 AM here. I will look on the forum on how to set it.
Hope to talk to you soon! ;)
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

Hi Boresight, I think we have met on the field and if I remembered it right u were a good player.
Hope to expack u soon and hear u scream strange things in french on TS. :)
Greetings from Gothenburg, Sweden (Where BF1942 were created and Volvos are built)
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

LOL boresight, if you reply to every post on here you will get no gaming in :lol:

Our server is well admin'd (hmm - dodgy word alert :shock: ) and we do the kicking/banning - any kick vote will not be started by a Jiffer, usually someone out to make a point or cause trouble so don't take it personally.

Once you have TS installed etc.. you will need to request a password by posting here
viewforum.php?f=16
and one of our god-like uber admin will sort you out

As Gav said we have a wide range of nationalities in JiF and also others that play regularly on the server, including a number of French speakers (Philippe, Sun Tzu and FrenchAfroMan) so feel free to join us, even if its just to laugh as you kill someone :hihi:

On Mondays we play custom maps only (for the moment) so please go to here to download them (if you need any assistance installing etc.. just ask)

see ya round
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Welcome to the Forums!
I'm down here in Southwest Texas and my time zone is add odds with those guys in Europe.
My ping is a little better but doesn't help much.
We aren't all rednecks and hillbillies. :hah:
Hope to see you on the battlefield soon.

btw-Someone told me my Texas accent sounded French Canadian :D :hah: :what: :roll:
Boresight
New User

Post by Boresight »

[JiF]corn wrote:Welcome to the Forums!
I'm down here in Southwest Texas and my time zone is add odds with those guys in Europe.
My ping is a little better but doesn't help much.
Hope to see you on the battlefield soon.

btw-Someone told me my Texas accent sounded French Canadian :D :hah: :what: :roll:
Hi Corn, nice to meet you.

Must be pretty hot down there, here, it's almost winter :razz:

I saw you while playing, chances are that we will see often since we are on the same continent!

??? I dont think so either!

I have a great respect for my american neighbour, in fact, it is where I spend most of my vacation. I went to Florida, Virginia beach WOW, Vermont, NY State, South Carolina (Myrtle Beach WOW WOW WOW, the best). And whent for buseness in Missouri, Michigan and Illinois.

So yes, I consider American our best friend :foch:

See you in battle my friend :viva:
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

welcome to the forums, ive seen u repair my tank allot lately and i do appreciate it, so now with u and rix giving me lil repairs all the time we'll own them all.

guys dont forget #blind trooper is canadian to and so is... dan i forgot his name but we have another canadian who plays every now and then

-- Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:07 pm --

welcome to the forums, ive seen u repair my tank allot lately and i do appreciate it, so now with u and rix giving me lil repairs all the time we'll own them all.

guys dont forget #blind trooper is canadian to and so is... dan i forgot his name but we have another canadian who plays every now and then

-- Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:08 pm --

If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.