Shall we do a CTF ?

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Shall we do a CTF ?

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

I have a feeling that I am going to be in a minority here but hey here goes ....

Now I do enjoy a good ole CTF now and again like I'm sure most people do. However .... I have detected a new trend lately as follows ...

The server has a good turnout say 18-20 players and we are enjoying some great games then someone (usually same person but not always) says lets do Berlin CTF , so we do Berlin CTF for half an hour then quite often it's let's do another CTF , sometimes another Berlin again. So here we are an hour later and the normal rotation resumes invariably with only half the players remaining and no sign of the CTF suggesters. This just really p**** me off I mean a healthy fun server going from 20 players to < 10 in two ctf games. As I said before I do enjoy a ctf now and again but I don't like this trend of a couple of ctfs (1hr) then a low populated server. From a selfish point of view I must admit that I dont enjoy the close infantry maps so much because not only am I a mediocre player but I have a fairly high ping which makes it difficult for me to hit barn doors.

Well I'm sure that I'll get flamed to death over this but I just felt the need to mention this and get a feeling for how others feel (and to earn a few peanuts)

Thank you in anticipation ....

Shell :shock:
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: Shall we do a CTF ?

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

i understand ur feeling 2 berlin ctf is just wrong, and mostly 2 following ctfs is not that good either but a couple of ctf maps on the same night but different maps is amazing
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I am quite in agreement Shell. If we are going to do CTF let's mix it up a bit. At least if we have one with some vehicles in us higher pingers stand a bit more of a chance.
Last night Harrick got over 100 points with only 10 deaths in the whole time to about 50 odd kills. There was a lot of ill feeling from the team on the receiving end. So what did we do? We played it again. Not such a smart move.
I was finding it hard to kill anyone as my ping was peaking at 160 some times.
Yes put in a CTF every now & then, but only as a small diversion from the regular rotation
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Yeh last night was soooo frustrating an hour of ctf phew! I agree with you and Frenchy that CTF can be great fun on certain maps. I personally enjoy Wake and Stonehenge CTF. It can be great fun going for a flag with a fast jeep while the enemy is trying to blast you to pieces :lol:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

CTF is a good distraction but I would caution against playing more than one at a time as it is not universally popular and can empty the server quicker than a fart in a lift
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

CTF is fun. And if we must have 2 CTF's in one night, i'd say Berlin CTF, then 2-4 conq maps, then El Alamein CTF. (Inf-Veichle).
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Bier
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Bier »

[JiF]zougathefist wrote: and can empty the server quicker than a fart in a lift

Rofl :lol:
.ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I agree completely Shell. Back-to-back CTFs is too much. And I do recall one non-JiFFer being the one pressing hard for more CTFs.

BTW Shell, your ping must have been horrible last night. I shot you a couple of times and you were just standing still in front of me. I'm not used to that (I even bagged Gib a few times, believe it or not).
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Hehe Stinky I just couldn't hit you at all last night, you were also playing sneaky I'll have to find a b17 to get you next time. :lol:
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

yesterday was indeed awfull every time i meet harrick i just got overrun by a hail of bullets with me been able to respond fire and that happend about 15 times on the same map, i was only able to get him twice with grenades

-- Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:16 pm --

yesterday was indeed awfull every time i meet harrick i just got overrun by a hail of bullets with me been able to respond fire and that happend about 15 times on the same map, i was only able to get him twice with grenades
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

We should check out a few other CTF maps to see if there even worth trying.
Hellendorn,Kbely Airfield,Iwo Jima.??? :?

Don't forget Telemark and Kursk can be fun CTF maps too.

I agree CTF should not be two in a row. :razz:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Kursk is awesome as CTF as is Kharkov, both really even and the best pilots win

I've played Iwo once as CTF and its mad!
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

I surprisingly loved Penemundee CTF (I think it's that map. There's two maps with the same Gremlin loading screen)

Stalingrad and Berlin CTFs are okay (IMHO, once a month or so... >.>), but there a better ones out there =)
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM