Map Requests for Rotation

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Gib

Map Requests for Rotation

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Hey guys I thought I'd start a thread on map's being requested to be put into the rotation by alot of regulars. Post your requests here!

Aberdeen
Raid on Aghelia

Gib
Bonedaddy
Repeat Visitor

Re: Map Requests for Rotation

Post by Bonedaddy »

All of the maps released by EA should be in rotation. BF1942, RtR and SW as well as the maps that shipped with the updates.
Helping good girls go bad
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Agree Bone. I think they said some where too big(the above) but I think if we had all maps in, well, we can always forward the maps to a smaller map right?
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

but some maps are just way too boring and wil jusst take the fun out of the server. i think a lil more of those vanilla maps and then a good mix of the rtr and sw maps would be great without us losing a bunch of players
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
Bonedaddy
Repeat Visitor

Post by Bonedaddy »

If you ask 10 players what their favorite map is you'll get 10 different answers. Same for least-favorite map. Trying to identify which map(s) to leave out of rotation is next to impossible. Map preferences change over time. By leaving all maps in rotation you guarantee that everyone will play his/her favorite map.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

In a perfect world it would work bone but in reality when there are around 20 players on and Baytown comes on, a bunch of people say "oh no....not baytown", then around 10 -15 people instantly leave, then 5 people play a long game of baytown or themselves leave. That almost always happened when it was in rotation and the night of playing would instantly end. One of my favorite maps is Invasion of Philly but if it comes on and there aren't a lot of people on its not as good. Those maps that are kind of on the fringe of being liked or are too big for a small amount of players are sometimes best Requested. Its a roll of the dice sometimes if the people on at the time will like the next map but their are quite a few staple maps that can always be in rotation.

My top 5 requests for rotation: Mimoyecques, Telemark, El Alamein, Wake, and Midway..........uh...ok 6.....Kbely Airfield.

Cheers :shoot:
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

I would like to see all maps in rotation . Like Gib said we can move around it if Admin is around or grin and bare it.Maps are just locations ,good or bad games are determined by the people who play it. some maps I dont care for Ive had the most fun on.Not because Ive done so well, but because Ive enjoyed the company I was with. Its a game . Have fun.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I have to say that I don't think all the maps should be in the rotation, there are a few that are truly awful (Baytown) and others that are no fun if there are only a few people playing (anzio, Tobruk)
but I do like them mixed up
I'd like to see theme nights, do all the Africa maps in a row, then all the Pacific etc...
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I like the theme idea Zouga. Ya I forgot about Baytown being a drag. Lets leave that one out. How about we put the 2 maps that everyone has requested a lot over the last 2 months - Aberdeen and Raid on Aghelia? I've only heard requests and happy responses from players, unlike the groan you hear when Baytown comes on?
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

I was surprised by the amount of regulars who were asking for Aberdeen on Friday night.
When we loaded it I realized how much I missed playing on that map! It's a large map, but with the server getting busy again over the winter season, I would love to see this one in the rotation.
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Yes, i remember sometimes after school i played a bit BF42, and there was a time in the the end of the coop rotation we played two or three conquest maps before it actually switched to conquest. Aberdeen was one of them.

That was when Santo Croce was the first map played as conquest.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
Bonedaddy
Repeat Visitor

Post by Bonedaddy »

While I agree that playing Baytown is about as exciting as watching paint dry, having all maps in rotation is the way to go IMHO. Granted sometimes a boring map will clear the server but a dead server is often a short-lived condition.

One possible alternative is to have all of the maps in rotation but with a shorter time limit. Currently rounds are 30 minutes. A 20-minute round would make boring maps less painful and at the same time allow us to burn through more maps.

Just my two cents.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

good point BD, but I would still avoid baytown unless it was requested
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Omaha anyone?
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

mmmm, good shout!
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula