Looking for a Network and Linux Admin

Looking for something? Post here and maybe someone can help
[JiF]Dandyman
Forum User

Looking for a Network and Linux Admin

Post by [JiF]Dandyman »

I am currently looking to hire a network administrator and a Linux system administrator here and could use the help trying find some good people. I've been looking for some senior people with a fair amount of experience, but have been having a terrible time finding good candidates. As a result, I have opened my search to include junior administrators that may not have a lot of experience, but have the knowledge and lots of potential. The job is in Burlington, MA and will require occasional travel to locations inside and outside of the United States. If you know anybody that you think can do the job, send me a PM and I can setup an interview.

Network Administrator

Manage local and remote network appliances in a complex, compartmentalized wide area network. Establish and maintain connections to various remote locations using a variety of technologies including frame relay, VPN, and ISDN. Evaluate, monitor, and tune network devices for maximum security, performance and reliability. Work with architects, analysts, and developers to create the necessary networks for information systems to support logistics operations for various programs. Create and maintain detailed documentation of supported networks and their configuration. Work with and learn from team members to maximize cross-functional knowledge between network, system, and database administrators.

Skills:

• Demonstrated knowledge of networking concepts, technologies and security best practices.
• Experience with Cisco network appliances such as firewalls, routers, switches, and VPN devices.
• Must possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with the group’s internal and external customers.
• Able to work independently as well as part of the overall team.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An active Secret clearance is highly desirable.
• Willingness to travel nationally as well as internationally when the need arises.
• The ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems.
• 1 to 3 years of experience in information systems and/or computer science.

Linux System Administrator

Install and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers in a high availability environment. Work with senior administrators, architects, analysts, and developers to deploy and manage information systems designed to support logistics operations for various programs. Create and maintain detailed documentation of deployed systems and their configuration. Work with customers both internal and external to identify and resolve issues with information systems. Work with and learn from team members to maximize cross-functional knowledge between network, system, and database administrators.

Skills:

• Experience managing Linux based operating systems.
• Possess strong communication and interpersonal.
• Able to work independently as well as part of the overall team.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An active Secret clearance is highly desirable.
• Willingness to travel nationally as well as internationally when the need arises.
• Experience with Windows and Unix based operating systems is beneficial.
• The ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems.
• 1 to 3 years of experience in information systems and/or computer science.
----
Dandy Deeds Done Dirt Cheap