Your Very First Map

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Your Very First Map

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Hey,

I was playing BF42 and was on Battleaxe and I remembered how different everything looked from when I first played it.

I got BF42 from my brother who found it out for the garbage in his Apartment building along with some others so he gave it to me. I installed it and played the single player battleaxe and thought "Hmmmmm...this kinda sucks", graphics did'nt look all that great (800 x 600....since changed it to 1024 x 1280), and there was pretty much just sand ( did'nt even know 'bout the home base with planes). So I was thinking of uninstalling it but I thought I would give the Multiplayer a chance. So I logged on and Invasion of Phiily was on and I thought wooo this is kinda good! I did a quick once over of the instructions and found out how to drive the jeep and off I went......... :shoot: but it's amazing if you think back to the first time you played each map and how everything was soooo new and cool to discover and now you know those maps like the back of your hand.

Anybody else got any first time stories?

.oO CowHide Oo.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: Your Very First Map

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

cowhide get the bg42 mod and join us on sundays(on the mob server) and then ull discover a new world. awsome graphics weapons new maps , old maps remasterd, just amazing
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I started out by downloading the demo from the EA website so my first map was Tobruk. I played it quite a few times & loved it so decided to go out & buy the game.
I then played the single player mode for ages as at home I didn't have broadband & wasn't sure about doing the multiplayer at work.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Yeah it was the Tobruk demo for me , I hadn't a clue how to play it and couldn't understand why anyone would need any other weapon than a zook.
I kept hearing that we had lost contact with an outpost and couldn't figure out what they meant. I just ran around aimlessly in a state of total confusion, nothing has really changed for me then lol! :D
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I remember when i started playing, it was on the wake Demo version.
In those days i would download just about anything that was free.
This game would also compatible with my FX5500 and AMD 2.8G,with 1gig ram.
By this time BF2 had been out for a year or so.
The thing that held my interest at first was all the ways people were getting killed and the chaos of it all.
I did a little research on reviews of the game and decided to buy the complete collection for 19.99 back in 2005 or early 2006.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Liberation of Caen was first multiplayer after a whooping 3 hours of single player. Good ole EA10.

Talk about a brutal revelation !

-- Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:23 pm --

Liberation of Caen was first multiplayer after a whooping 3 hours of single player. Good ole EA10.

Talk about a brutal revelation !