banned

Use this forum to post questions about banning or general problems with any of the JiF servers. It will help if you can provide as much information as you can (i.e. server, player name, IP address, date/time, map, etc.)
rush_tdi
New User

banned

Post by rush_tdi »

Player name you were using at time of Ban --> Ru$h

Time and Date of Ban: --> Sept 5, 2009 ~3-4pm EDT

Description of what happened, and why you think you were banned:--> I came on the server and (literally as soon as I came in) HOGAN said "quit swearing" to some other player in the game. So I wrote "f u mofo lol" and I believe it was Bier who was in the game and (s)he banned me without saying a word. So yeah, I think its pretty lame since I've been on your server for the past few months and have been playing decently and haven't even been kicked for disrupting gameplay, etc before.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: banned

Post by [JiF]Mike »

First thank you for posting about this. I have to say I'm a little surprised that you chose to swear if you've played on our server for a few months. You should be famiar with our rules by now, which clearly states no swearing. We strive to keep our server family oriented so all ages can feel safe to play. You chose to disregard our rules and were banned accordingly, now I do not know if it was a perm ban or temp. If temp then you will just need to wait it out. If it was a perm ban then we can talk about. The warning was when you saw the message to stop swearing.
ImageImage
rush_tdi
New User

Post by rush_tdi »

Well imo the letters f,u,m,o,f,o doesn't constitute blatant swearing. Anyways, if its a temp ban, (you'll have to check with Bier I suppose) then I might be around in a few days. I enjoyed playing on your server, but if its going to be policed like 3rd grade, I suppose I should go elsewhere.

I feel that a few things have to be clarified though; first, that warning was directed at another player, to which I responded in a joking manner. Now, I've been an admin over on chicago's server for a couple years and whenever someone swears we usually give them a warning directly and then kick them and then if they re-offend then we banned them. I just think that a ban for the letters f,u,m,o,f,o is a little bit excessive. Just my 2 cents.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

The banning admin will have to get back to you. I can not get into the finer points of what happened as I was not there. I just checked and the ban is temporary and will expire on Sep 12th, about 1400.
ImageImage
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

I m the one who banned u, regarding the way ur looking at hwo we try to keep our server clean i believe i should perm ban u. ur telling us that we are admining our server like 3rd graders but u are the one trying to tell me that writting f u m o f o has no meaning, do u think i m stupid. u know exactly what u meant when u wrote those letters.
i will get back with the other admins but i will def plead for a perm ban, i dont think people that are trying to get a ban lifted without even an apology and also kinda think we are fools should be allowed back on the server.

as mike said the ban will be lifted in 5 days bacause i set it to 1 week but it might turn into a perm depending on how nice the other admins will be.
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

rush_tdi wrote: I enjoyed playing on your server, but if its going to be policed like 3rd grade, I suppose I should go elsewhere.
Just to further clarify a point here,

There are a number of younger players that regularly visit our server, including the child of at least one admin, we strive to promote an atmosphere of friendliness and respect where people of any ability and any age can come to play a game without the type of heckling and abuse that you find on other servers. If you feel that this atmosphere is too restrictive then you are welcome to play elsewhere, if however you want to play on our server then please respect our rules, don't try to make mugs of the admin and most of all - have fun

ZtF
Last edited by [JiF]zougathefist on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

rush_tdi
New User

Post by rush_tdi »

[JiF]FrenchAfroman wrote:I m the one who banned u, regarding the way ur looking at hwo we try to keep our server clean i believe i should perm ban u. ur telling us that we are admining our server like 3rd graders but u are the one trying to tell me that writting f u m o f o has no meaning, do u think i m stupid. u know exactly what u meant when u wrote those letters.
i will get back with the other admins but i will def plead for a perm ban, i dont think people that are trying to get a ban lifted without even an apology and also kinda think we are fools should be allowed back on the server.

as mike said the ban will be lifted in 5 days bacause i set it to 1 week but it might turn into a perm depending on how nice the other admins will be.

If you think that a permanent ban would be warranted given my long, long [sarcastic] history of causing disturbances, then feel free to do so, I can't stop you. But let me clarify something, I wasn't saying that you were admining your server like 3rd graders, rather that you're treating us like 3rd graders and I now know that it is because there are children on the server then I understand and agree to that. I just don't like that I didn't at least have an admin give me a warning first, that's all.

Anyways, I've said it before, if the ban lasts 1 week, great, I might be back, I might not be, but if its permanent then I can either a) play on other servers or b) play CoD or Wolfenstein since bf1942 has maybe a year of viability left....

edit: so yeah, sorry for the cussing, it was a one time thing as I'm sure we all know!

Rush
Last edited by rush_tdi on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

usually people get a warning first u just had bad luck i just got on the server and saw u cussing rigth away. glad u understand my decision for the 1 week ban. now give us a few days to see wht we decide, right now the ban is set till the 12th
i knoiw that u werent disruptive before and maybe it was a one time exeption

btw:i still dont see any kind of apology in ur post.

-- Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:12 pm --

´befor i forget:ur ban will lift itself on the 12th after that ur free to go and enjoy our server. next time i will make sure to warn kick ban. and i hope we wont see u cussing again on the server even if u use the short cuts
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.